Chapter 19: Explanations and Tragedies

Lucy POV

I stared wide eyed at Natsu in the doorway while he was looking at me as if waiting for an answer to pop out of no where. "Oh, hey N-Natsu...." I squeaked out.

He just looked at me, totally betrayed. "Natsu, look I can explain. It's complicated!" I shook my hands frantically in front of my body while shaking my head and smiling innocently.

Natsu walked in slowly and examined the room, probably making sure no one is here. Which this time no one is actually here. Unless, Sting is gonna enter through the bathroom again. -.- ugh. Hope not.

"Well. I'll ask you the questions Lucy. Since theirs a lot going on that I don't even know about!" he tried not to yell out loud. I just simply nodded my head in agreement.

"Is anyone here? No lies this time Lucy." he asked. "No. I swear. No one is in my apartment." I dared myself to actually talk at a time like this.

"Why are you dressed like that?" he asked. I looked at him, deep into his sad eyes. I sighed loudly before answering. "I'm going on a date."

When those words left my mouth, I seriously could hear Natsu stop breathing and the room temperature changed. It began to become warmer. "Last.... and final question." he said with his head hung low at the point where his salmon spikey hair is covering his eyes only.

"Are you going on a date with Sting?" he finally asked. I looked at him and he was crying. When he asked that question he practically choked on all the words that came out. Tears started to pop put of his eyes and drip to the floor but his head was still hung low to the ground.

"Natsu....." I didn't know what to say, as if I ran put of words. In just a second Natsu pulled me into his arms crying into the crook of my neck while my face was buried in his chest. "Don't do this Lucy. I don't even want to know the answer to that last question." he sobbed lightly.

"Natsu. I love you. I love you and I love you. You've done so much for me and I couldn't be more thankful but right now Natsu, I'm going to make some decisions that may hurt others and I'm sorry for that...... But yeah. I am going on a date with S-Sting..." at first I said it ease but when I got to the last part I started to choke on my words.

Then, I could feel Natsus breathing stop brushing against my neck. His grip tightened onto me and I couldn't do nothing but hug him back.

Its not that I hugged him out of pity but I hugged him because it's as if I could feel his pain. The pain I'm probably putting him through. I can't imagine it...

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

I giggled while looking at Natsu. We sat on the floor in my apartment making funny faces to each other, I had to do something to cheer him up.

When we stopped laughing for like no reason he looked at me straight in the eyes with a cute grin on his face. "This is what I miss Lucy. You coming around the guild, me and you laughing non-stop, me making fun of everything about you even though your to perfect for this world. I mean, you have your flaws and differences but, your perfect. I love you, Lucy Heartfilia."

When I looked at him a smile formed on my face. "Thank you Natsu. For everything you ever said and did for me."

He just nodded. "But you know what would make you more perfect?" he smirked a little.

I didn't want to reply but I did. "And what is that?"

"Me." was his response that caused a bad tragedy that night.

That night, a bad accident happened that I hope no one finds out about. But with Natsus loud mouth, I'd be surprised if no one found out in a day. I wish that never happened.