one

authors note: hi!! this is my first fic so if its not the best, you know why lol. this story is going to be formatted two different ways, text story and regular paragraphs. thank you!! -tate

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:,。・

"thanks mom! i'll text you if i need anything." i look back at the smiling woman quietly sipping her coffee out of that thermal water bottle every mom has. i know she isn't actually phased since i practically live at my best friend amélie's house, so with that, i grab my one direction bag that i've had since grade four that im too attached to to give away and shut the car door.

i walk up the grey stone steps that lead up to amélie's monstrous house and type in the code. 5327.

once i'm in, i take off my shoes and shuffle my way over to one of their industrial sized fridges and take out what i assume is fresh iced tea. with that, i hear quick footsteps briskly tapping down the stairwell.

"hey jules." a tired, bed head ridden amélie stands before me. i pour the tea into a glass and touch my lips to the glass-

"oh by the way thats not tea," i look at her with the mystery liquid already full in my mouth. "it's dog piss. my mom's doing this thing where she tries super weird skincare hacks thats supposedly-" i cut her off my spitting the liquid everywhere resulting in a quite literal sticky situation.

"JULIET. i was joking. but yeah it is expired. lets go to my room." i stand there in disbelief for half a second and then take long strides towards the stairs then skip up.

amélie's room was incredibly large and for its size, surprisingly clean. a queen sized bed stands against the middle of the room. an ivory white comforter drape over the sides and the same color pillows sit neatly on the also white headboard. posters and art of her own fill the space above her bed creating a more homey environment.

"i'm bored. wanna text a random number with me?" staring at me with a wide grin, how could i say no. i think she'd commit triple homocide if i didn't. i sigh a heavy sigh.

"yeah. sure why not." amélie practically screams and whips out her phone.

"okay. i'm just going to type in our area code and then spam numbers until we get to ten digits..."