Chapter 1

Chapter 1:

The world is dark. Water rushes around me. I open my eyes.

Where am I?

Who am I?

What am I?

I look down at my body, and I see arms, legs, and the rest of me. So that means that I'm definitely human.

Im wearing a red dress with white frills.

Hmmm.... How did I end up, in a rushing river, wearing a party dress, and no memory?!

Oh boy this must have been one heck of a day.

How do I get out of the water, though?

I move my arms side to side, but all I'm doing is flailing around in the water.

I must not be a good swimmer.

I look around. A tree is leaning over the edge of the river. I jump up, out of the water,and grab the tree branch.

Wow! Didn't know I could jump high! That's new!

I flip over on the branch and land on the river bank.

"Wow! I must be some kind of ninja or something!" I shout but I think no one can hear me over the rushing water of the river... except someone DID hear me!

They came rushing over to help on the brach! He took the branch that I was hanging onto for dear life, and pulled it up onto shore!

Now that I had gotten a good look at him, he was quite handsome. I made a happy face in my brain and my heart does a flip-flop. He was REALLY cute.

"What are you DOING out here Alyssa?! What happened?!" he said

"Umm who's Alyssa?" i ask

"YOU!"i shouts

"But that's not my name. My name is... " my mind is black. '' umm so MAYBE that's my name buuuut... what's YOUR name?"

The boy is wide eyed.

"Alyssa, I'm your best friend! Don't you remember? Do you remember ANYTHING?" he asks.

"Uhhhh... " i say

"I'll take that as a NO." he says "well my name is-"

He's cut off by a noise in the distance. A loud boom! Echoes across the riverbank.

"We have to go!" he shouts as he grabs my wrist and pulls me in the other direction of the boom.

"What are we running from?" I yell above the noise of what sounds like bombs going off. "And what's your name?!"

"Them!" He says pointing to 5 figures on hang gliders in the distance. "Oh and my name's Lucas. Lucas B. William."

Something clicks. I gasp. I remember a kind of uncomfortable moment. It was me. And Lucas. Trapped in a cage of fire. I was screaming.

"What's wrong?" Lucas questions.

"Oh, it's nothing... I think" I say.

"Well, at least try to focus on running more right now." He shouts as a bullet comes flying inches from his ear.

"Get back here you scrawny little jerk!!!" a man yells in the 5 group of buff men with guns.

Just then a jeep ran right in front of us with more buff guys with guns in the open door of it. For a moment Lucas let go of my wrist and I trip. One guy with a tralizer gun shoots me square in my forearm.

The world went fuzzy. And as it did I saw three men throw a net around me and then it went dark.