~prologue~

tw: mentions and depictions of g0r3 and murd3r.

???'s third-person POV

The swift figure hopped off of the roof of the apartment building, their hands and feet landing silently on the metal balcony beneath. Much practice is what it took to do that.

Due to the person being so skinny and tall, they were able to quickly move around. Peaking inside of the window, they got a glimpse of a black-haired female in her mid-20s. 

So that's who they were talking about.

Her steps and actions were exaggerated as if she was confident in almost everything she did. 

Too bad, thought the figure, too bad she has to die.

In a swift motion, a small pipe was pulled out of their jacket pocket. It was pointed at the end, but decently dull. Their boney hand jammed it into the window, causing it to shatter instantly.

The woman froze, her voice ringing out as she called a small hello. Hopping through the window, the lithe person pulled a small dagger from the opposite pocket of their long jacket. Throwing the pipe and hitting it perfectly at the side of the lady's head, they dizzied her with pain. She seemed out of it.

Jumping over the table with ease, the figure appeared behind her, with the dagger to her throat. 

"Move and you die." said the figure with a tint of excitement in their voice.

"So, you guys found me after all?"

"You can't escape us. We're everywhere. Seriously, you should've learned that by now." The voice was raspy and muffled from the mask it wore.

"You wouldn't dare to kill someone like me, right?" replied the girl with a worried tone.

Haha... this lady... an interesting one, to say the least.

"Yes, yes we would." whispered the figure, bringing their right foot in front of the woman's own right foot to trip her. Pulling their foot back, succeeding in tripping her, they watched as she fell to her stomach instantly. As practiced so much, they put their foot on her back and knife above her head.

"Ah, it seems we forgot formalities! Tell me your name, then I'll tell you mine!" they exclaimed with chilling happiness to their voice.

With a shaky voice, the woman managed to whisper out "Celestia Ludenberg. Ultimate Gambler."

"My turn!" piped the voice. They leaned down next to her ear, dragging the knife down the back of her head and onto her back. His gloves tightened around the handle. "It's the last thing you'll ever hear, so listen closely."

"My name is Nagito Komaeda. Ultimate Luckster. Everything works out in the end for me. Unlike you."

"Goodnight!" he cheered. Knowing what was coming next, he put his hand over her mouth. "Now be quiet," he whispered. 

And with that, the knife was plunged into her back.

Hah. I missed that feeling, thought the boy, Glad I could feel it. And now I just leave. 

Since I'm the Ultimate Luckster, I'll never be caught.

heyyyyyy yeah soooooo, it was probably expected who "???" was, but i just wanted some insight into how they act. also, a lot in this chapter probably confused you. it'll all be revealed in due time. toodle-oo!~

-Echo