~1~

Hajime's first-person POV

I yawned as I walked out into the kitchen of my dorm. Looking at the news, I realized there was another murder of an Ultimate. Thank God I'm not part of that. Seems like every day there's a new murder.

My roommate, Naegi Makoto, was already up and ready, making breakfast. 

"Seems there's a new murder every day." I greeted, echoing my thoughts.

"Yeah, Kyoko has her hands full trying to figure out who's doing this. They're all different types of ways to die, so we're almost certain it's a group of assassins. Either that or one person just knows too many ways to kill someone."

"Does she at least have any leads?" I questioned while pouring myself a glass of orange juice.

He shook his head in defeat. "No. You'd think since she was the Ultimate Detective... but, no. Forcing her to even get rest is my job at this point."

"Make sure you also get rest," I suggested with a smile. After finishing my orange juice, I picked up my bag and walked out the door. 

Meeting my other friend, Nanami Chiaki, we walked to school together. I don't know why the Ultimates hang out with me, since I am just a lowly Reserve Course student, but I didn't question it. 

The only Ultimate I wasn't close with was Komaeda Nagito, Ultimate Lucky Student. He seemed nice enough if I'm being quite honest, but the vibes he gave off were far from what I was used to. Not bad, but just unusual.

Maybe he was lucky, not having to deal with someone like me.

I certainly wasn't. Because as I was listening to Nanami-chan, I just so conveniently happened to run into him.

"K-Komaeda-san! I'm very sorry."

"Ah, don't worry about it. You were talking to someone. My apologies." he reassured me with a small smile. As he walked away from me, I felt his long jacket brush my leg and shivered.

Nanami stopped talking about her game and looked at me with concern written all over her face. "Hinata? Are you ok?"

Now, don't get me wrong, Nanami was a great friend, but when she was serious like this, it was a little scary.

"Yeah," I replied, eyes still fixated on Komaeda's back, "Komaeda-san is just, odd, to say the least."

"I know. I talk to him sometimes, he's actually very intelligent and easy to talk to. He just, well, gives off a certain aura that people don't want to deal with." she explained, turning her head slightly to watch him walk away.

We both turned our heads forward and started walking. "I was thinking about that earlier, honestly. Some vibes he gives off." I ended with a chuckle. 

"Anyways, what was that game you were talking about?"

Nanami's eyes lit up. "Oh, right..." and she rambled on. Her voice was very calming, so I enjoyed listening to her. 

-time skip to lunchtime-

We all sat down at our usual table, we being me, Kirigiri, Naegi, Nanami, Soda, Mioda, Tanaka, Koizumi, Saionji, Asahina, and Ogami. It was an unusual group, but we all got along. Sometimes others joined us. 

"Ah, Kirigiri, have you found out any more about that murder this morning?" asked Makoto.

"Another one?!" exclaimed Ibuki, "There was another one?!"