Play Date

"Do we have everything?" Logan asked.

"Yes, I just got Loki's bag in the car, and Nico has chosen to bring Oreo. All we need are the kids," answered Virgil, carrying the two month old Loki in on arm and holding Nico's hand in the other.

"You read for a car ride, Nico?" Logan smiled, helping the three year old into his booster seat.

"Yes! Let's go!" grinned Nico.

"Just need to get your brother buckled in then we can go," said Virgil, settling the sleeping child into his car seat while being serenaded by Everglade's obsessive barking because she couldn't come along, much to her, and Nico's, disappointment.

After getting their two children settled in the car Logan and Virgil got in as well, Logan in the driver's seat while Virgil in the passenger. While Virgil was past one month of surgery and had the stitches removed the area was still sensitive so he worn one of his dresses, this one being the popular strawberry dress, though it was the black variation and he had on a black undershirt so it wasn't revealing. Logan started the car and pulled out of the garage then they started their nearly two hour (one hour and 47 minutes give or take traffic) drive.

Thankfully Loki was asleep, and they hoped he would remain so the entire time because geez did that lil one have lungs. Unlike Nico who was a very quiet baby Loki was an incredibly loud baby, screaming at the top of his lungs at 2am and startling both his parents awake. They could only hope that Loki stayed asleep the whole ride through, or else poor Nico might loose his hearing. Speaking of Nico, he was insanity excited for where they were going, it had been the only thing he'd talked about the entire week.

They were going to visit Remy, Emile, Alex, and their further baby.

Nico and Alex had met a few times before, the Carp family coming over for holidays or play dates since the two boys got along great, despite their over three year age different. It was good to know that Nico was socializing with someone, since he seemed to be "allergic" to other children, saying that they scared him with their relentless energy and loudness. Nico was a very quiet kid, smart, but quiet, he tended to keep to himself or stick close to one or both of his parents, or ever Everglade if neither were present. He had his attachments, and comfort objects, and that's all they needed of him at the moment, but come fall and Nico would be going into preschool, so that's going to be fun.

The drive was pretty peaceful, traffic relatively relaxed, but what can you expect going to Orlando, home of Disney World and Universal. Tourists were bound to be there, especially now that it was summer vacation for those in school. After about two and a half hours they finally pulled into the café, it being closed for the day so they could have their time together without issue.

It was around 10:27am when they pulled into the parking lot, Logan pulling up to the front of the building then parking, turning off the car and taking out the keys. The adults got out first, Virgil getting Loki out -who had miraculously stayed asleep the entire car ride- then grabbing his bag while Logan assisted Nico out, the three year old choosing to leave his big stuffed cat, Oreo, in the car since he was going to be playing with Alex. The family walked up to the door where Alex, dressed in a pretty pink dress (which, in all honesty, looked to be more formal wear, but that didn't stop him) and dollar store fairy wings on his back, opened the door for them all.

"Alex!" shouted Nico, giving his second cousin a hug which Alex happily returned.

"Glad y'all could make it. How're you doin' Virgil?" Remy asked as he walked out from the kitchen area with Emile who looked ready to pop at any day.