Chapter 7

Brett was awoken by a feeling of having to throw up. He immediatelly ran to the bathroom and threw up in the toilet. He was still very dizzy, so he just sat there for a bit, leaning on the toilet seat. He slowly started thinking and started wondering where he was. Wait, isn't that Eddy's house? What is he doing here? He got up and splashed some water on his face and in his mouth. He made his way towards Eddy's bedroom, trying to find Eddy.

He found him in the bedroom, still asleep. Wait, did we sleep in the same bed? Probably, but his memories hadn't come back yet, so he didn't know for sure.

Brett decided to change into some other clothes. He opened Eddy's wardrobe, hoping to find something that would fit him. He decided it would be the best if he just wore one of Eddy's hoodies and sweatpants. He had worn Eddy's clothes before and knew Eddy didn't mind if he borrowed them, as long as Brett returned them.

Once he takes the clothes, he heads towards the door. He steps on the floor and it cracks, waking Eddy up. Eddy mumbles something Brett can't hear and turns towards Brett.

"Oh, hey Brett, how are you?"

"I'm okay now, but I threw up earlier. You should really stop me before I drank too much."

"I tried, but you didn't listen to me! And I didn't want to be annoying."

"Ummm, thanks. But the next time you can be as annoying as you want, I don't want to feel like this again."

Eddy chuckled. "What, Eddy?" Brett wanted to know, why Eddy was laughing.

"Nothing, it's just funny how you said you don't want to feel like this again. But I'm pretty sure this will happen again."

"C'mon, Eddy, stop mocking me." Brett was half serious, half joking. Eddy just laughed again and stood up.

"I'm going to shower and brush my teeth, do you need anything, Brett?"

"No, thanks for asking. I think I'm just going to make breakfast if that's okay?"

"Sure, can you make it for both of us?"

"Of course, Eddy."

_

Brett leaves the room and Eddy goes into the bathroom. He takes off his clothes and steps under the water. He still can't remember anything from last evening, but he is sure a cold shower will make him remember. The water is cold at first, but eventually he gets used to it.

He was right. The memories do start coming back, but he doesn't like them. Anna's mocking about his crush, the challenge Brett got ... It is too much and he starts crying. How did I get myself into this!? he thinks. Does Brett remember? He knows that for now Brett probably doesn't remember yet, otherwise he would say something. But Brett's memories will probably return, just like Eddy's did. But in case Brett does not remember, I shouldn't tell him. I must avoid doing any kind of challenge from now on. Too much has happened in the past because of challenges like this one.

His thoughts wander to the time they spent at summer camp so many years ago. The time when he thought he won't be able to hide his feelings towards Brett. But he did. He managed to hide them well for years. He was almost proud of himself for doing that.

Meanwhile Brett was in the kitchen and just received a message that made him worry.

(581 words)