Ch.2 A Goodbye

Tokyo

■Akaashi POV■

Y/N was taken to the emergency room, we're waiting for Y/N parents to come. I look at booth Shirofuku (Yukie) Senpai and Suzumeda (Kaori) senpai, they're crying and I think they're fearing something. What is happening to Y/N, I was thinking so hard, I haven't been around her lately I should've realized that she's not fine at all. Y/N father's voice woke me from my trance.

Y/N Dad: Keiji, what happens? What's wrong with Y/N

Akaashi : she collapsed after having a coughing fit. She'd been coughing for the last three months and she said she only has a slight throat problem but I'm that's not the case

Y/N Mom : oh my god, why didn't she tell us? She said she'd been visiting the doctor too when we asked her every time she coughed.

Y/N Dad : she said she just has a sore throat, we should've taken her here ourselves. (Her dad showing sorrowful eyes)

Why did Y/N hide his condition from her parents? Why didn't she want them to come with her to the hospital? We're standing in silence when Shirofuku senpai suddenly muttered.

Yukie : P-Please perform surgery on her as soon as possible!

Everyone looks at Shirofuku senpai, surprised by what she asked for.

Coach Yamiji : what are you talking about Shirofuku, don't make L/N's pare-

Kaori : Y/N has hanahaki disease!

Suzumeda senpai's voice shocked everyone in here. Hanahaki disease? Wasn't that disease is just a fic? Why would Y/N has it?

Yukie : Y/N been having hanahaki disease for three months, we found out last month when we saw her coughing flowers. She told us to keep it a secret but after all, I couldn't keep quiet and let her die ( Shirofuku senpai is falling on her knees)

Bokuto san and coach Yamiji try to calm her down.

Kaori : we've been trying to convince her to take the surgery but she refused because, if she takes the surgery she will lose her feelings for the one she loves along with her memories with him. And she said the memories of him are too precious to be forgotten.

What the? Why did she refuse to take the surgery just because she's going to forget some guy? Y/N parents were shocked by Suzumeda and Shirofuku senpai's confession. Just then the doctor came out of the emergency room.

Doctor : is the family member of L/N Y/N here?

Her parents approach the doctor and they get inside the emergency room. The door was open I can see that Y/N eyes are open, but people other than family members aren't allowed to come to the moment.

Y/N looks at us from inside the room, she gives us a small smile. Our eyes meet and she gave me a reassuring smile as well. Why did you hide such a thing from me, from your family? Seeing her, laying limp like that making me sad. After all, she's my childhood friend, my closest friend.

Please just take the surgery

And get better soon

■Y/N POV■

My parents finally found out about my condition. They're telling me to take the surgery. I look out the room at my friends, and then my eyes met Keiji's.

Y/N Dad : please sweetie, let the doctor perform surgery for you. Please don't leave us because of someone who doesn't love you back. We love you Y/N.

Dad's staring right at me, her eyes are full of worries. What did I think about all this time? How could I forget about my parents' feelings?

Y/N Mom : Please Y/N, we can't lose you. We'll do anything for you. Please stay with us, take the surgery.

My eyes started to tear up. I hurt my parents, what am I thinking. I do love Keiji a lot, but I also love my parents. Then I imagine what would my family and friends look like if I die. They'll be in grieve, I don't want that.

But if I take the surgery I'll forget Keiji, if we meet after the surgery and he knows that I don't remember him, he'll realize that he's the reason for me to have hanahaki. I don't want him to blame himself for something that I choose. There's one thing that I can do to stay alive and avoid Keiji finding out about me forgetting him later.

Y/N : okay, mom I'll take the surgery, if we moved away after I took the surgery

Y/N mom: and why is that baby? ( mom ask kindly)

Y/N : because if I stayed at Fukurodani, and we're still around here. Keiji and I will definitely bump to each other and then he will know that, that he's the one that I love and didn't return my feelings. I don't want to see Keiji when I have no memory of him and making him feel bad. Keiji is too kind.

My parents finally knew the reason I refused to take the surgery all these times. It's not just because of a certain someone, it's because it was Akaashi Keiji. They knew how close we are since we met in the park when we were six on the day we just moved to Tokyo. They're happy that I finally decided to live and sacrifice my feelings for Keiji and agreed to my request.

Y/N Dad : okay then, how about you and your mom move back to Miyagi while I move to an apartment near my office. I'll go back to Miyagi every weekend. Is that okay with you?

I smiles at dad and open my arms for him, my parents hug me and I cried in their arms.

Y/N : I'm sorry for making things complicated like this.

Y/N Mom : no no, it's okay honey.

Then my parents finally tell the doctor that I'll be taking the surgery. Then they told my friend as well, they then let my friends come into the room.

Kaori : Y/N I'm sorry we broke our promise, we can't just let you go like that when we knew we can avoid it.

Y/N : it's okay senpai, thanks to both of you my parents manage to convince me to take the surgery. I just realized I won't just go die and let anyone be in grieve.

Everyone smile at my sentences.

Akaashi : you can't drink strawberry milk or eat strawberry cheesecake if you die. Hurry up and get well soon.

Bokuto : heyheyhey! it's better to forget one person than making many others cries. If you're healthy you can go find another person to like, you're a cutie L/N chan so don't feel down

I smile at all of them. We talk a little more, and I as much as I could trying to embrace all of their presence in my heart because I might not gonna see them again. But I will still remember them all, except... I look at Keiji, trying to carve his figure in my soul so maybe just maybe I could recall about him just a little. Everyone was about to go home and start going out one by one after saying goodbye. Keiji comes to me patting my head gently.

Keiji : hurry up and get well soon Y/N, I'll buy you strawberry Milk every day for a month after you come back.

I smiled at him and hum a yess to him.

Keiji : okay then get some rest, I'll leave now. Goodbye Y/N see you later.

Y/N : Keiji...

Keiji : what is it?

Y/N : can I have a hug? To, calm me d-

Keiji hugs me gently, whispering that everything's gonna be okay and such. I feel like crying, but I hold my tears. After that, he pulled away and smile at me before turning around. Keiji walks out of the room and vanishes from my view. Tears start to form at the side of my eyes, then finally fall down my cheeks.

Y/N : Goodbye Keiji

It's not a see you later

It's really is a goodbye