Ch.4 Yearning

Tokyo

■3rd Person POV■

A month had passed since Y/N suddenly moved away. No one can contact Y/N or her family, but they knew that she moved to Miyagi. After knowing that Y/N no longer attend Fukurodani some of the volleyball members along with Akaashi, find the Old lady that told Akaashi about the L/N moving out. She doesn't know the detail of what happened, but she learned that they move to Miyagi.

Akaashi's devastates by the sudden movement, at first he still trying to call Y/N and her parents but it was useless. The number was no longer in use. He wasn't himself, sometimes he was zoning out during classes or practices. He got hit by a ball once because he didn't see a ball flying to him.

Lately, he's not like that anymore but everyone on the team knew, he hasn't got over the fact that Y/N was not here anymore. They could understand though, Akaashi and Y/N have been friends since kindergarten, they're practically inseparable.

Akaashi was in another daydream when Bokuto called him a couple of times, but he didn't respond until Bokuto smacks his shoulder.

Bokuto : Akaashi, I've been calling you for a while.

Akaashi : I'm sorry Bokuto san, what is it

Bokuto and the rest of the team sigh, well Akaashi is not much of a talker, but now he became even quieter. It doesn't affect his play on the court though, but it does affect almost everything he did outside the court.

The practice just ended, everyone is cleaning up. Akaashi is picking up the ball when Bokuto and the other came to Him.

Bokuto : Akaashi, I know you're sad that L/N chan suddenly moving away without telling you. And you can't contact her, but please cheer up.

Kaori : we're also sad that Y/N no longer studying in Fukorodani, but at least she's fine right? I mean she did take the surgery.

Washio : maybe her family did have some sort of problem that made them have to move so suddenly.

Sarukui : I'm sure someday we'll get the chance to meet her again.

Akaashi looks up at his teammates, he's feeling bad because he hasn't been himself and making them worried.

Akaashi : you're right ( he said in a quiet voice) I'm sorry for weeping around like this.

Bokuto tackled Akaashi, and everyone is smiling at them. They continued cleaning then got changed. Akaashi and Bokuto walk together and they meet GF/N at the school gate like usual. The three of them walk together until Bokuto partway with the other two. Now Akaashi is walking alone with his girlfriend.

■Akaashi POV■

I'm currently walking home with my girlfriend. This road is the main road in this neighborhood, I used to pass this road with Y/N too.

GF/N : Keiji have you done your science homework?

Akaashi : ah yes

GF/N : Today's math test is pretty hard right, I'm beaten.

Akaashi : oh, yes it is.

We're heading to the crossroads, I remember Y/N walk ahead of me while drinking strawberry milk or eating strawberry pocky. She'll turn left first and wait until I catch up to her. I just need to turn left on this road and she will...

GF/N : Keiji? Where are you going? My house is this way.

Akaashi : huh?

GF/N voices woke me up from my trance. What am I doing? I turn around and walk towards GF/N, but she doesn't move from her current spot.

Akaashi : I'm sorry GF/N, I wasn't paying attention to the roa-

GF/N : I'm here Keiji... ( she muttered)

Akaashi : yes?

GF/N look at my eyes, she looks annoyed.

GF/N : Keiji, I'm here right in front of you but you never see me. We've been together for four months but we never kiss, not even once. It's like you don't see me as a girl, or didn't see me at all.

I was taken aback by her statement.

Akaashi : I, I'm sorry

GF/N : You know what Keiji? When we went to the snack store with Bokuto senpai and you pick a lot of things that Y/N might like before, I was jealous because you never pick something for me when you treat me.

GF/N looks down, and I stare at the top of her head.

GF/N : when the teacher announced that Y/N moved away, I'm actually glad. I thought that you would finally look at my way. ( she inhale) but I was wrong, even when she's not around you were yearning for her. Let's break up Keiji.

I look down at my feet, did I really do all that? I don't realize all of that, I thought that walking home with her is enough. I don't know what GF/N like, she confessed to me and I thought that she was pretty so I accepted her confession. But she's not wrong, even when I'm with her I unconsciously talk about Y/N. I can't keep hurting her like that.

Akaashi : Okay

GF/N snickers, she looks at me with a pained expression.

GF/N : you don't even try to hold me back. I bet you're not even sad, Well thankyou Akaashi Keiji for accepting my confession before, when you're clearly in love with someone else. Goodbye

With that GF/N left me, and she's right. I do feel bad for her, but I don't feel sad. Am I really yearning for Y/N all this time? We've been friends since we were 6, she's always been by my side. And now when she's not around, I found it weird not to have her around me. Do I love her without knowing it?

Unknowingly

I've been yearning for your presence

I'm yearning for you

I want to see you again

I want you next to me again

Yes

I do love you I guess