Chapter 3

Two weeks later harry has new brother his parents got guardianship of Melvin and blood adopted him and he is in the lab in his parents quarters with his brother since his parents adopted Melvin he hasn't been on his Xbox he has spent most of his time in the lab working on his potions mastery and helping his brother with potions he is trying to create his own potion but has of yet been unsuccessful as soon as he adds the bat wings to the potion it explodes

Harry is getting very frustrated as his potion has just exploded for the seventh time, he tells his brother to wait in the lab and he would be back and then he storms out of the lab and down to the dungeons and knocks on the door of professor Snape's office.

"come in" he hears the potions professor snap.

He walks in and takes a deep breath to gather his thoughts before he explodes. Severus just waits patiently for harry to speak as he can see he is trying to control his frustration.

"professor I was wondering if you could help me with a new potion, I was trying to make I am trying to add bat wings but every time I add them the potion explodes" says harry clearly frustrated.

"first what type of potion are you trying to make? if I'm to help you I need to know what you are trying to make." replies Severus.

"I'm trying to make a potion to help with arthritis but every time I add the bat wings after the bezoar it explodes"

"how are you adding the bat wings? Are you slicing them or chopping them?"

"I'm adding them whole" replies harry that is when harry figures out his problem and the look of realization that comes upon Harry's face makes Severus burst out laughing.

Meanwhile back with Harry's parents

"I can't believe he just walked out of here and ignored us and left his elven year-old brother in the lab on his own if he doesn't have a very good excuse when he comes back his backside is mine" regulus says to Dolores

That is exactly when harry walks in humming to himself he is just about to go back into the lab when he hears a throat being cleared behind him, he spins around and looks up and sees his dad's face.

"err, what did I do? Asks harry as he rubs the back of his neck.

"the fact that you don't even know what you did to make me upset with you just shows how much attention you were paying when you walked out of these quarters without a by your leave young man."

"oh, I'm sorry dad I have a good reason. You see I was frustrated because my potion kept exploding and I wasn't even paying attention to my surroundings I was just determined to find the answer to my problem so I went to see professor Snape to see if he could figure out why my potion kept exploding after I added the bat wings and now I know why he made me realize my solution without telling me the answer."

"well I would excuse your lack of decorum this time but since you left your brother in the lab by his self you will be punished, what was the solution to your problem anyway?"

"I have to slice the bat wings or chop them then add them to the potion of course I was adding them whole and that is why the potion exploded"

"right you can get back to you potion but you are grounded for a week that means when you have finished that potion you will not be allowed in the lab for a week and if you even think about breaking this grounding harry you will not sit down for a week am I clear?"

Harry replies yes sir and with that harry turns and goes back into the lab to see if the solution works.