Chapter 3

[Mal steals the baby's lollipop, when Maleficent arrives behind the knuckleheads.]

Mal: Hi, mom.

[Maleficent appears]

Queen Leah gasped in fear and quickly wrapped her arms around Audrey, as to protect her granddaughter from the villain who had already ruined the life of her daughter.

"Mother," Aurora sighed as Phillip tried to pry her grip loose. While she was a little nervous around the daughter of Maleficent, she felt that her mother was taking things a little too far.

Maleficent: Stealing candy? I'm so disappointed.

Mal: It was from a baby.

"Is that supposed to make it better?" Lonnie asked.

"The more evil an act, the better it looks to our parents," Mal shrugged.

Maleficent: That's my nasty little girl.

[Mal gives Maleficent the lollipop and she spits on it]

Maleficent: Give it back to the dreadful creature.

"Err...no thanks," Chad said, grimacing at the thought of eating a lollipop someone had spit on beforehand.

"Try saying that to Maleficent," Carlos told him.

Mal: Mom...

Maleficent: it's the deets, Mal, that make the difference between mean and truly evil. When I was your age, I was

Mal and Maleficent: Cursing entire kingdoms!

Maleficent: You. Walk with me. See, I'm just trying to teach you the thing that really counts...how to be me.

"Oh geez, no pressure or anything," Evan Fitzherbert muttered as he leaned into his father's embrace.

Mal: I know that, and I'll do better.

Maleficent: Oh! There's news! I buried the lede. You four have been chosen to go to a different school...in Auradon.

[Carlos, Jay and Evie try to run away, but the knuckleheads stop them]

Mal: What?! I'm not going to school filled to the brim with prissy pink princesses!

"Hey!" Audrey exclaimed. "We're not all prissy pink princesses."

"You're right," Mal nodded. "Lonnie's not."

"I meant me!"

"You're wearing pink right now!"

Evie: And perfect princes. [She looks happy at the thought until she catches a glimpse of Mal's face] Ugh.

"Do you always do what Mal wants you to?" Evan asked.

"Only if you want to survive on the Isle," Evie told him. "Now of course it helps since Mal's practically the leader of our group."

"You can make your own decisions, E," Mal told her with a role of her eyes.

Jay: Yeah, and I don't do uniforms. Unless it's leather. You feel me?

"Does he have a death wish?" Aladdin whispered to Jasmine. "Talking to Maleficent like that?"

"He's friends with her daughter," Jasmine whispered back. "She must have a small spot in her heart for her friends."

Carlos: I read somewhere that they allow dogs in Auradon. Mom said they're rabid pack animals who eat boys who don't behave.