Chapter 17

The scene opened up on Family Day, where upbeat pop music was in the air as Ben and the others presented their parents with an acapella version of Be Our Guest.

Ben:

Ma chere mademoiselle,

"Nice pronunciation," Mal chuckled, resting her head on Ben's shoulder. She had missed the performance as the four of them thought it would be a good idea not to incite panic right off the bat.

"Thanks," Ben told her. "Lumiere helped me with it."

It is with deepest pride and greatest pleasure that we welcome you tonight

"Um, it's still daylight," Dizzy pointed out.

"Late lunch didn't have the same ring to it," Kitty shrugged. "Ben chose the lyrics."

"Now I guess we're lucky that it wasn't ridiculous," Terrance muttered to his wife.

"Dear, be nice," Tinkerbelle muttered back, nudging her husband on the shoulder.

And now we invite you to relax

"Neal, if you went any lower, your head would be in the ground," Emma teased her brother.

"Sorry for wanting to be respectful," Neal muttered.

Let us pull up a chair

"There are a lot of things Belle can do," Rapunzel muttered to Eugene. "Dance is not one of them."

"To be fair, there wasn't much anyone could do in terms of dancing to that beat," Eugene muttered back. "By the way, has anyone commented on how plastic Beast's crown looks? What, does he wear a fake one when he's out and then has the real one in a safe somewhere?"

As the dining room proudly presents your dinner!

"Late lunch."

"We get it Kitty!" Lucy shouted, having heard her twin sister's correction.

Kitty couldn't help but smirk. "Oh, I'm so sorry baby sister. Was I being annoying?"

"One minute! You're older by one minute!"

Group: Be our guest, be our guest

Put our service to the test

Tie your napkin round your neck, chrie

And we'll provide the rest

"Nice dance moves," Evie chuckled as Doug flushed.

"I always got the timing wrong in rehearsal," Doug muttered.

Ben: That's right

Group: That's right—Soup du jour, hot hors d'oeuuvres

Why we only live to serve—Whoo!

"Oh why did that have to be shown?" Paige groaned and hid her eyes as the screen version of herself caught Ben's napkin. Her best friend Maggie patted her on the shoulder in commiseration as her screen self celebrated

Try the gray stuff, it's delicious

Ben: All right! Don't believe me? Ask the dishes!

Guys:

Yeah!

"Okay then," Mal blinked in surprise at the change in beat. "Some warning would be nice. Also, I'm pretty sure none of you are dishes."

They can sing, sing, sing

They can dance, dance, dance

After all, miss, this is France