Chapter 6

"Okay," Ben sighed as everyone got comfortable once more. The Blue Fairy waved her wand and the footage resumed.

The Villain Kids arrived at the museum, sneaking along the path.

"Come on, check your mirror," Mal whispered to Evie. Evie took out the mirror upon request.

"Is my mascara smudged?" Evie gasped.

"Seriously?" A small girl with light brown hair sighed and rolled her eyes. "Is that really the time to be thinking about that."

"Yeah, and hey, while you're at it, why don't you see if you can find us the wand?" Mal said sarcastically, fighting the urge to roll her eyes.

"You know, I may be against stealing Fairy Godmother's wand, but I do appreciate wanting to get a job done right," Cinderella said, causing Chad to look at her in shock.

"Mother!"

"Did you forget what my step-mother had me do before I met your father?" Cinderella asked her son, giving him a sad smile. "If I had done a job poorly, that would have just meant more work for me later on."

"Sure. This way." Evie looked into her mirror and pointed to the right, leading the other three to the museum entrance.

The four stopped in front of the museum doors and looked inside. In the room, a security guard sat watching the monitors before him. In the center of the room sat Maleficent's spinning wheel.

"That...is not as intimidating as I remember," Aurora said with a frown. "Maybe it's the lack of green glow around it."

"Seems kinda dorky," Audrey whispered to Chad, who bit back a laugh.

"That's your mother's spinning wheel?" Jay laughed.

"Yeah, it's kind of dorky," Carlos told Mal, the laughter evident in his own voice.

Audrey tried her hardest to make sure a disgusted look didn't show on her face. She didn't want to give her mother an excuse to extend her grounding to three weeks.

"It's magic. It doesn't have to look scary," Mal shot back and dug out her mother's spell book. Opening it to the right page, she looked back at the guard. "Magic spindle, do not linger. Make my victim prick a finger."

"You know, I'm beginning to wish your mother wasn't brought with us," Phillip whispered to Aurora as Leah once again grabbed hold of Audrey.

"Well it's better than when she used to do it with me," Aurora whispered back. "We could barely spend our wedding night alone."

The four watched in anticipation before the moment was ruined by the security guard's yawn.

"Impressive," Jay snarked.

"I got chills," Carlos deadpanned, causing both boys to smirk.

"You two are the only ones who could snark like that in front of Mal," Evie said with a chuckle.

"Okay, you know what?" Mal growled and looked back at the book. "Prick the finger, prick it deep. Send my enemy off to sleep."

The guard got up from his chair and walked over to the spinning wheel. With no control over his actions, or any idea as to what he was doing, he touched the tip of the needle. Instantly, he was put to sleep.

"Whoa." Evan gasped, amazed at how simple a thing could be so powerful.

"Not so dorky now, huh?" Mal smirked. She went to open the door but frowned as she found it was locked.