Chapter 4

Billie's pov

Time skip 2 days

I get a phone call from somebody and they tell me that Jayden was injured. When I heard that I just thought he broke his ankle again or something but it was different. "I'm sorry but Jayden was shot with a gun. The police think it's related to gang violence but we don't know the full story yet." Somebody said.

"Oh my god is he okay?" I stood up and grabbed my car keys. "He's okay he is stable now but he is going to have a long recovery." The lady said.

"Why did you contact me?" I asked. "Nobody else was answering and you were the next person on the contact list."

"What hospital is he at?" I asked. He was at this hospital that was 20 minutes away from me.

Once I got there, guards were standing outside the door. "Miss we can't let you in."

"Sorry but I'm only here to see my friend." I said annoyed. "No we can't do that."

Before I can snap back, Ariya answers the door. "Jayden are you okay?" I was concerned.

"He's stable but he's sleeping." Ariya rolled her eyes at me. "I thought he was ignoring me." A single tear dropped on his hand.

"I'm sorry that happened to you." I grabbed his hand lightly.

He's still sleeping. I lay down next to him and kinda fall asleep.

Jayden's pov

Me and Aria just left my house and got into my car. We make it downtown and leave Starbucks with our new Frappuccinos, I take exactly 15 steps and a car comes out of nowhere and in one second I couldn't hear anything but Ariya screams and everything starts to fade away, Aria jumps and looks at me then holds me in instant reflex unaware of what just happened and I collapse to the ground. Aria looks at me for a second and screams in fear and runs to me.

"Stay awake okay don't die on me." Ariya held the bullet wounds. She starts sobbing and grabs her phone and she's literally vibrating in fear. And to add onto her fear I faint. Before I completely blackout she screams again.

I wake up in the back of an ambulance, shocked. I look to my left and see Aria on the phone with somebody biting her nails. And I reach out to touch her hand and she jumps. And she hugs me and kisses my cheek. That's when the pain really hits me. I groan in pain, the pain gets way too bad and I faint again and again and again. Let's say I was dead but still alive.

Aria sat next to me the entire time I was in that awful hospital. She never ate anything or slept all she did was cry, hold me, call my family and friends. I really don't deserve her.

"You should really stop crying. It's gonna make me cry." I pout. "You're awake...how are you feeling?" She said, wiping her eyes. "I don't really feel anything like seriously they numbed me." I laughed. She laughed in response and cuddled into me. The lights were dimmed and I knew it was night time she wasn't supposed to be here.

"You need to go home and sleep." I said, "No, I wanna stay here with you." She held me tighter. "You're gonna get in trouble." I laughed. "I don't care, I wanna stay here." She wrapped her leg around my legs.

The next day someone knocks on my door and Aria is still sleeping. My mom and my family came rushing in an hour later.

I was awake but also sleeping and someone burst through my door which woke me up. My mom walks in and is crying no that's an understatement she's sobbing and I sit up to hug her.

"Mom calm down, I'm fine seriously." I grab her hands. "Are you sure, are you in pain?" She asked frantically.

"Oh here come the questions." I playfully rolled my eyes and she laughed. "But I'm not in any pain anymore." I shrugged.

"So what happened?" My mom asked. I groaned and said "I got shot 3 times. That's it." I casually said.

"By who?" "I don't know. How am I supposed to know who shot me?" I asked. "Look at their faces... duh." She rolled her eyes. "You know what..." I layed back down.

The questions never stopped but since im doing better I'm getting discharged soon.