Chapter Seven

Once outside I took a deep breath and slowly let it out. I decided to take Tipsy for a walk in the woods to my old fort. I could not wait till our kids were old enough so they could play in it.

Going inside, Tipsy followed me in and found herself the perfect spot to lay down. Looking at the dog, I shut the door so she would not run out. I set the leash down by her and walked over to where I used to draw.

So many fond memories of the past and the present. Last year Steve and I had our moments in here, ones that when I was young, I would dream about.

Taking a good look around I got an idea that I would run by Steve for our kids. I picked up the leash and I opened the door hoping that would wake up Tipsy, but it did not.

"Tipsy girl, you ready?" I called out but not too loud to surprise her and get her on a barking spree. She raised her head and stretched, wagging her little tail she followed me out of the old fort.

We walked for a bit in the woods but not too far, anymore I get tired faster than before. I knew it was because of the pregnancy and I was okay with that, but I could not wait till I could walk a mile without being winded.

On our way back, I saw Aunt Mabel's bright neon yellow car, and I saw Steve's truck parked right next to hers. Tipsy must have heard Steve for she went nuts barking.

I had to laugh, this dog who was half blind, hard of hearing and walked sideways half the time could hear Steve miles away and go nuts. For some reason she just does not care for him.

Steve walked outside when he heard Tipsy barking. "There you are little mouse" Steve said walking over to me and smiling. "Ready for our ride?" he asked.

"Always my love bear" I said with a wink.

I went inside to let Aunt Mabel know I was heading out with Steve and that Tipsy was staying with her, it was her dog, but since she got here Aunt Mabel has let me take over the responsibilities.

"Go have fun Laura, I will place and order at the restaurant if you could pick it up in a few hours for our dinner?" she asked as I was heading out, "of course" I said and shut the door behind me.

I got into Steve truck with his help, I watched him walk around the truck and climb in. My butterflies still go wild when he is near me. I smiled at him and he winked as he started the truck up.

"Where are we going love?" I asked him, "it's a surprise my little mouse" he said as he held onto my hand. I leaned over and rested my head on his one arm, "Ive missed you" I whispered.

"Missed you more baby" he said as he squeezed my hand. About twenty minutes later, we arrived at a spot, I knew exactly where we were. Steve got out and came around to open my door.

He helped me out, once out Steve took my hand and walked me under the weeping willow that sat near the pond where you could hear the faint sound of a waterfall somewhere farther up the pond.

It was not a huge waterfall more of a man made one that helped so the pond would not get stagnant. There was a bench under the willow, where we sat down. "I thought I would bring you to our special place" Steve said.

Sitting there, looking out at the water, how still it is and how the swans were floating like magic on top of the water, it is so tranquil here.

"I love this place Steve, it was such a magical day for us" I said, recalling that day like it was yesterday.

I remember being so nervous, Aunt Mabel held my hand "my darling, you are a vision of an angel, I am so happy for you and Steve. It may have taken a long time to get to this path but you both did" she said dabbing her eyes with her Kleenex.

Taking a breath, I stepped out of the tent, it was springtime when all the flowers were starting to bloom, and all the summer birds were coming home and the animals that hibernated in the winter were now running around.

Aunt Mabel was there standing next to Steve, I wished my dad were here to walk me down the aisle, I wished both my parents were here with me on this day that is so important to me.

I called them to let them know and they told me "we will not be a part of anything" then they hung up. I cried for hours while Steve held me that night.

I lifted my head and took a deep breath; this was my moment and no one and no memory was going to tarnish this.

I walked down the aisle with my flowing white wedding dress on, I had flowers braided into my hair, holding a bouquet of white and red roses, I walked towards the man of my dreams.

We got married and held the reception at the restaurant in town, everyone in town came to celebrate with us. The party went into the night and it was perfect.

I was Steve's wife and he was my husband. That one kiss our first kiss led us to this moment in our life.

"Little mouse, what are you thinking about" he asked as he took his one finger and wiped away a single tear that sneaked out of my one eye.

"I was thinking about our wedding day and how special it was and how perfect everything was" I said smiling up at him.

I needed this time with him, he brought me here to remember why we do things that seem impossible. Just like how we were separated for twenty years and now look at us.

You would not have guessed that the odds were stacked against us if you looked just at the outside picture.

But looking in the window, you would see that fate was making sure the timing was perfect for us to reconnect and how we belonged together since the first moment in time when Steve and I looked at each other.