Grieving

Caroline's POV
    My phone rang. I answered it, and the person said, " Is this Caroline Forbes?"

   I said, " Yes. Who is this?"

   The person said, " This is Dr. Jessica Calhoun. I work at the hospital. I'm afraid your mother was in a terrible accident."

   I said, " I will be right there, as soon as I can."

   I hung up the phone, and Klaus said, " Whats wrong?"

   I said, " It's my mother. I have to get to the hospital."

   Klaus said, " We can take my car. It's faster, than yours."

  I nodded, and we sped to the boarding house. Klaus opened the car door for me, and I got in. He closed the door, and got in on the drivers side. He sped out to the driveway, and into town.

  We arrived at the hospital and walked inside. We went to the desk, and I said, " Caroline Forbes for Elizabeth Forbes."

   The nurse said, " Follow me. I will bring you to a waiting room, so you can wait for the doctor."

  I nodded, and Klaus and I followed the nurse. We went to a waiting room, no one was in there. The nurse said, " The doctor will be here soon."

   I nodded, and the nurse walked out of the room. Klaus said, " Are you alright, love?"

  I said, " No. I'm not alright. My mother was in an accident, and I don't even know what happened."

   He said, " Im sure everything is fine, Caroline."

  The doctor came into the room, and said, " Caroline Forbes."

  I said, " Yes. What happened to my mom? Can I see her?"

   The doctor said, " It might be better, if you sit down."

  I said, " Just tell me."

  She nodded, and said, " Alright. Your mother was in a car accident, and had massive internal bleeding. I'm sorry for your loss. You mother didn't make it."

   I couldn't speak. I collapsed onto the floor, but not before two arms caught me. I cried, into his arms.

Klaus's POV
  I caught her in my arms, and she cried. The doctor said, " Im sorry."

  I said, " I think it's best if you leave, sweetheart."

  She nodded, and left the room. I held Caroline in my arms, and rubbed her back, as she cried. I said, " You will be alright, Caroline."

    She continued to cry in my arms. After an hour of crying, she fell asleep. I picked her up bridal style and carried her out of the hospital, and to my car. I put her in the passenger side, and got in the drivers side. I drove us to her house.

   I parked in the driveway, and went to the other side, and opened the door. I picked her up bridal style, and carried her into the house. I carried her into her room, and laid her on her bed.

  She woke up, and said, " How did I get here?"

I said, " I brought you here, love."

    She nodded, and I seen the tears coming down her cheeks, again. I went to her side, and hugged her. I said, " Don't worry, love. I'm right here."

   She nodded, and cried some more. I rubbed her back, soothingly, trying to get her to stay calm. Last thing she needs, is to turn it off. I held her for the next three hours, and made sure she was alright. She soon fell asleep in my arms, and I laid her down.

    I went to walk away from her bed, but she grabbed my arm. She said, " Stay. Please."

  I nodded, and laid beside her on her bed. She cuddled up to me, and fell asleep on my chest. I smiled, and soon fell asleep, too. She may have chosen her friends side, but that won't stop me from comforting her, right now.

   Six hours later, I woke up to the sound of someone's phone ringing. I felt a weight on my chest, and realized it was Caroline. I carefully moved her off of me, and got off of the bed. She cuddled up to the pillow, and I smiled. I then heard that phone ring. I looked and it was Caroline's phone, on the bedside table.

  I picked it up, and it was Stefan. I answered it, and said, " Stefan. What can I do for you?"

   Stefan said, " Klaus? Why do you have Caroline's phone? Did you do something to her? I swear if you did something to her, I will kill you."

   I said, " No need to worry, Stefan. I didn't harm her. She was upset last night, and I brought her home. It seems her mother was in an accident, and had passed, last night. She got the call."

   He said, " Where is she?"

  I said, " She is in her house, right now she is sleeping."

  He said, " I will be right there."

   He hung up the phone, and I sat in the chair in her room. Soon, someone knocked on the front door. It was Stefan. I got up, and went downstairs to the door. I opened it, and seen Stefan, Elena, Damon, and Bonnie.

    They went inside, and Elena said, " What is he doing here?"

    Stefan said, " Elena, shut up. Klaus, how is she?"

  I said, " She is sleeping, but she is still pretty torn up about it."

Damon said, " Why would you care? About any of us?"

   I said, " I happen to care about Caroline, not the rest of you lot. She lost her mother, Damon. I happen to know what it is like to lose a mother. My father killed my mother, out for jealousy and spite. It is hard."

  Bonnie said, " He is telling the truth. I can sense it."

  I said, " I am telling the truth. Make sure she grieves the loss of her mother. If she doesn't grieve, then she will resort to turning it off. Stefan, make sure she is alright. Be here for her."

Stefan said, " I will be here for her."

  I nodded, and went out of the House. I got in my car, and drove to the mansion. I parked my car, and went inside the house.

  Rebekah said, " Where have you been, Nik?"

  I said, " I was at Caroline's. Her mother had died, Rebekah."

Rebekah said, " Is she alright? I should go see her."

  She was about to go out the door, but I grabbed her arm. I said, " Rebekah, don't."

  She said, " Why not?"

  I said, " Her friends aren't exactly fond of any of us. They had her choose a side, and she chose her friends side."

  Rebekah's face dropped and said, " What? I am going to kill them."

  I said, " Not right now. Let Caroline grieve and she needs her friends right now. Just leave her be, for right now."

   She nodded. I went upstairs to my room, and got a shower. I put on my Henley, and my black pants, with my black boots. I went downstairs to the kitchen, and grabbed a blood bag out for the fridge and drank it.

Caroline's POV
    I had woken up a few hours ago, and Klaus wasn't here. My friends were they let me cry. I had cried basically all day. After I was done crying, we talked for a little bit. T was soon nighttime, and Elena, Bonnie, and Stefan is spending the night. Stefan got the couch. Elena, Bonnie and I get my room.

  We got out pjs on, and they let me cry some more. We soon fell asleep.