33

Mark knocked on the door to Jack's house, tapping his foot impatiently. Anti opened the door, and he opened his mouth to say something before Anti slammed the door in his face.

Mark groaned. "Please? Just let me talk to him."

"Sorry, but no. Go home, he'll talk when he's ready."

"I just want to know-"

"You've done enough already. Go. Home."

Mark heard a voice from the other side of the door, and it opened. Felix stepped out, closing the door behind him. "You really want to know? Fine, I'll tell you."

Mark stared at him. "When did you get here?"

"A few hours ago."

"Okay, well, I'd rather hear the story from Jack."

"You're not going to because he's debating whether or not to break up with you." Mark stared at him. "Now shut up and listen, okay? So a few years ago I was dating a girl who only got with me to get closer to Jack. So we were all together at my house one night because Jack was staying the night and she wanted to come over and hang out, and Jack said yes. My mom needed help putting groceries and dinner away so I left. They stayed in the living room. She dragged Jack to my bedroom and forced herself on him. He tried fighting it, but she didn't listen and kept going. I broke up with her as soon as I found out about it. He's never talked about it to anyone else because he's scared. He's sensitive about it. So, no, Jack isn't a virgin because Jack was raped. Now go home, Mark." Felix went back inside the house.

Mark stood outside the door, speechless. He didn't know what to say or do. He was frozen in place, his eyes wide and his mouth agape. He finally shook himself out of his daze and stepped away, walking back to his house.

"Mark, wait!"

He stopped in his tracks and turned around, seeing Jack approach him. His cheeks were red, his eyes were bloodshot, and his hair was a mess. Mark sighed once Jack was close. "Felix told me. I'm sorry, I didn't know."

"I know. You were right- you're my boyfriend, and I should've told you about this."

"I get why you didn't, though. I'm sorry I tried forcing you to tell me." Mark smiled to himself. "That's why you insisted on taking everything slow. It all makes sense now." His smile fell. "I'll get out of your life, now."

"I'm not breaking up with you." Jack told him.

"Then... what are you doing?"

"I'm not exactly sure. But I wanted to talk to you." He took Mark's hands. "Mark, you're all I have that really means something to me. I don't want to lose you over some silly argument because I kept something from you. Please, don't leave me."

"Of course not, Jack. I would never."

Jack fidgeted with one of Mark's fingers. "I... I'm going to need some space, for now."

Mark nodded. "I understand. I'll be right here when you're ready."

Jack smiled, relieved. "Thank you." He took a step forward, kissing Mark's cheek. "Now go home, I'm sure Dark want's to talk with you about everything."

Mark groaned. "I'm sure he does." He stepped away, still holding Jack's hand. "Bye."

Jack let go of his hand. "Bye."

The two ran off to their separate homes.