- Ch. 3 -

"I just don't get it! I don't understand! The prince is completely fucking stupid!"

"Lower your voice, hyung. You're a Lee but if you shout it any louder, you'll end up spending the night at the dungeon." Changbin groans, rolling over to his stomach and laying his head on his arms with eyes shut. "But yes, I agree. He could've given the honor to someone much more handsome, for example: me."

"It's just..." Minho sighs, patting the Enfield that laid its snout onto his knee, asking him to play. But he only gestures to the other creatures playing about in the field, scolding one of the winged creatures for almost setting fire to the field. "Why me? There are ten other Lees who would do a better job. A hundred other people who are more competent. He's really risking it all, isn't he?"

"Yeah. Anyway, you didn't get drunk with me last night. You just disappeared, and I had to spend my night alone by the fountain." Changbin huffs, waving off the Enfield that tried to seek some play from him instead, licking his face and wagging its tail. Though the man only turns away from the fox-like creature, pressing his cheek against Minho's thigh. "And now I have a fucking headache—can one of your animals produce hangover soup or something?"

"Why are you so nonchalant about this??" Minho exclaims.

"Because it's a tremendous honor for the prince to choose you as the host! Aren't you happy?"

"No!" Minho takes a breath, shaking his head and shutting his eyes.

It's not that he was ungrateful for the opportunity—it is a huge honor to host the festival. Anyone would kill for his position. In all honesty, the moment the prince announced this honor upon Minho, Minho swore he could feel a few glares on him. He knew that his reputation, however constant it may be for ignoring it all this time, might've dropped a little.

There were many people opposed to this decision, including Minho. Shouldn't the prince place this immense responsibility on someone more... responsible? Just because he was a Lee didn't mean he could satisfy the high bar set by the previous hosts of the show.

Like the prince mentioned, the harvest festival was the most important holiday of the year, a three-day celebration of the blessings of the Gods and a successful harvest season. However, being the host also meant providing a show and a theme for the festival to entertain the public. Last year it had been a floral show (a little weird, in Minho's opinion, since it's autumn), the year before that was a water show, and so on.

Though what could Minho do?? While the Lees were exceptional at magic and held in highest regard considering politics, everyone also knew that they were probably the deepest a stick in mud could be.

The elves were right about the prince's stupidity, and Minho worried for the kingdom's future.

"Hey, you'll do great." Changbin lifts his head at his friend's hesitance. "You'll think of something. You always do, you're Lee Minho!"

"I don't know..." Minho huffs, shrugging. "I think I should just... leave. Just migrate to the South or something, hopefully no one ever finds me again."

"I think it'll be better than hearing your parents' lecture again. I mean, I can already hear what they're going to say to you when you go home." Changbin laughs, shrugging. "You're a Lee. The Lees don't make mistakes!"

"Don't remind me, please." Minho groans, though perks up at the sight of someone walking toward them, hitting Changbin's shoulder. "Yah. Seungmin's here."

"Now? Geez, what did we do?"

"Why, did you throw up in his garden again last night?"

"No..." Changbin sits up, furrowing his brows as the puppy-eyed individual walked closer, almost getting attacked by a Calygreyhound on the way if Minho hadn't whistled to get its attention (though he would gladly let the creature attack him). "At least I don't think so? Oh, Gods... Did I??"