Chapter one

Maliha's P.O.V.

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock.As always i will ignore it and lay in my bed for around 20 minutes.

"Time for Fajr" I said to myself. I got up and headed straight to the bathroom, attached to my bedroom. After freshen up myself I performed Fajr... "Ameen" I whispered, completing my dua. Then I walked to my closet and took out a light blue maxidress and a black blazer.

I curled my hair and put on a bit foundation, mascara and lipgloss. "Perfect" I said to myself while looking at the mirror.After packing my schoolbag I went downstairs to see my parents and my little sister Maryam already eating.

I expected them to forget it..as usual...Huh! pehle to in ko kuch yaad nehi rehta or upar se mera intezaar bhi nehi hua! I said to myself. I was getting really angry that's why I decided to just leave for school without having breakfast.

"Maliha kaha ja rehi ho ?" I heared my mom saying. "Nashta to kar lo " my dad added.
"Mai school ke liye late ho rehi hu, khuda hafiz " I said and left the house.

I walked really slowly to the bus station cause I got all time of the world now. Kaise log hai ye apne aap ko mere apne maante hai, mere baare me kuch pata bhi hai? Oh nei sorry ye to sab dikhawa hai.... "losers" I said and chuckled slightly.

At the bus station I could see Sophie,my best friend, walking towards me with this big smile on her face. She stopped infront of me and then suddenly she jumped on me and hugged the life of me out. Ah..at least she remembers, kamazkam yeh to mere apne 'gharwalo' ki tarha nehi hai..I thought to myself. "Happy Birthday Malo, finally you turned 18...ah i'm so happy.. many many returns of today" she said. I pulled back, "thx bae,love you so much" I said and made a kissy face and she returned the gesture.

"So what are your plans for today" Sophie asked. "hmm..nothing" I answered shortly. I could see that her eyes widened.

"Are you freakin serious.. man you never celebrate your birthday not even with your family..but come on you turned 18 today.This birthday isn't like all the others, I mean you're 18 now....goshh let's go somewhere out tonight"

I seriously did not know what to answer her since my parents don't allow me to go out with friends 'larkyo ko aise bila kam ke ghar se nikelne ki koi zaroorat nehi hai' , and they forgot my birthday again, that happens every year..... but thankfully right then the bus came.We got in the bus and luckily there was no place for Sophie and me to sit together so that I didn't had to answer her question.

At school we directly headed to our classroom, for the first period..english..gosh i just love this subject.

We all greeted our englishteacher Miss.Moretti and then she spoke "Guys we all have to go to the assembly hall, the principal has to tell you something special"

So our whole class went to the assembly hall, a few other classes also were there.

"So what do you think, his speech is about?" I asked Sophie, who was standing right next to me. "I have no idea but maybe.." she got interrupted by the principal.

"Students, this year your english teachers and I organized a trip to USA. You all have to join this trip because you are going to stay in the US for 6 months and you'll go to school there" All students started clapping and cheering. "Silence please.......We will not go there as a whole group, you guys will be devided. Group A is going to Houston and Group B is going to New york. You guys can choose which group you want to join. Your teachers have the forms and everything you need, they'll explain everything to you in class but don't forget each group consists of maximum 65 people so if you are late maybe you won't get the chance of choosing a group. So hurry up guys and take care "

And now all students started clapping and cheering again.

"OMG Malo New york, can you even imagine that, i mean it's our dream city" Sophie screamed.

"I know I know, I aways wanted to go to New york...it's a part of my dream of traveling the whole world."

"I know man, you don't have to tell me. I think that's the best birthdaygift ever for you, isn't it? An opportunity to make your dreams come true....ahhhh i'm so excited"

"Yeah you are right Sophie, it really is the best birthdaygift ever"

"Given by our sexy principal..han? han?" she started smiling.

"Hey, stop smiling like a total pervert, we have to go back to class" I said acting seriously.

"Oh shit you are right"

We went back to our classroom and our englishteacher explained the whole trip to us...

And i'm stitting here in class daydreaming of this oppurtunity...New york..wow

**************************************************

Hey guys,

this is the first time ever i'm writing a fanfic so sry for my grammar and spelling.

i live in germany so my english writing skills aren't the best......sry once again ^^