✎ᝰ°:. *₊𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 ᝰ°:. *₊

𝟕| 𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐈𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍, 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐔𝐏𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐃𝐄

DARAJA

The week started in the right way. I did my hair. Uni is going well and my cat, Lillie, is officially healthy. She was acting strangely some weeks ago, so I had to take her to the veterinarian. Apparently, she got a virus, and she had to stay with Sonia, the veterinarian, for a while. She was allowed to come back home on Tuesday, but Ramani brought Lillie with her to see her parents.

I still haven't met Michele since that day. He sent me some messages, but I responded with brief replies. I'm not mad at him, I just want to forget that mortifying moment. He touched me, he could feel how fat I was getting once again.

But also, I can't stop thinking about how his hands felt, and how comforting his words were.

He's a truly nice person. So nice that I worry he just pities me, after being surrounded by people like Nadine my whole life, It's hard to believe someone can be nice like Michele.

Ramani is still at her parents' house and will come home this Sunday,  I'm preparing myself to meet my family for lunch, something I love to have with them but not when Steven and Nadine are there.

Before I change I dart to my bathroom with the new scale I bought yesterday, It connects with my fitness app and has all these settings, It has been resting there in my room for the whole day, since I was slightly reluctant, something in my guts was telling me that this was a wrong thing, but I ignored it.

You are perfectly fine Daraja, there is no reason to fear a scale.  I drop the scale on the bathroom floor assuring that is on first and taking a deep breath I hop on it, I haven't eaten or drank water just to make sure my weight is as accurate as possible, after all, I'm eating in two hours. 

The last time I weighed myself was three months ago at my sister's house, she had that scale right there in the bathroom and I simply couldn't stop myself, so I stepped with my clothes and everything on, I weighed more than I do today, and I can't help but sigh in relief,  you see the old Daraja is not coming back any time soon.

Content that I'm still able to control my weight, I hide the scale in my bathroom making sure Ramani won't find it and decide to start dressing up.

I put on an oversized white hoodie, some mom jeans, white Converse and a classic long light brown coat, not too fancy and that hides my body just enough.

I pull my box braids into a high ponytail when my alarm starts to ring warning me that I have to go now or I'll be late, so I leave the house, darting inside my car and start driving.