• 16 •

•••

•••

Days passed like a blur but pain never went away. A whole month passed after that brutal punishment of hers. Yet Daisy wasn't able to walk on her feet properly.

She was back in the room where she was kept in the starting and the same room from where she tried to escape. The only thing changed was there were bars on the window this time. She was caged!

That day still haunts her when she woke up the very next morning of that punishment. Her body was in so much pain and she was unable to feel her bandaged feet at all. There were small bandages all over her front and the side of her face. Her knees were also bandaged as tears rolled-out of her eyes.

After a few days when the bandages were removed; she was aghast to see herself in the mirror. There were so many scars all over her that she lost it and fell unconscious on the bathroom floor.

After that day she stopped looking at herself in the mirror. He didn't come to see her during this whole month, it was as if he disappeared after punishing her. There was this nurse who looked after her. She looks so crude and angry all the time. The thought of even asking her for help was asking for death alone.

Daisy was still bedridden because her feet didn't cooperate with her. He made her disabled; snatched away the small of her freedom as to walk on her own feet.

She was numb!

Life is being so cruel on her.

Why her?

Even though she had no family there looking for her; waiting for her. Yet she wants to go back to her cozy apartment, away from this psycho.

She was utterly glad that he wasn't here anymore but for how long? He'll surely come one day and this peace will be snatched from her again, even though she can breath now knowing he's not going to hurt her any moment but he'll be back and that thought alone was heart wrenching for her.

What did she ever do?

Why does fate have to be so cruel towards her?

What was her fault?

The only people she missed truly were Wyatt and Stella. They were her only family. Oftentimes Daisy wondered if they might be looking for her? And this mere thought made her more emotional and broken.

She hated Namjoon from deep within her heart. If not for him cheating her, she would've never gotten drunk and ended up being kidnapped by this killer.

Frequently she wondered what got Taehyung to come after a simple and plain girl like her. She wasn't anything extraordinary. Come to think of it, he's extremely handsome and by judging this island she can say he's wealthy rich; aside from being a well known psychiatrist. He could've easily manipulated any girl into his charms then why her?