~cliche ♡ sanekane

-modern au

Kanae Kochou sighed as she stepped out from the backroom of the Kochou Pharmacy and up to the front counter. It was almost closing time, and the only customer in store was a usual, Sanemi Shinazugawa.

He always came late to get things he needed. No one was there to bother him five minutes before the store closed. But he didn't come just for the peace and quiet, of course. Sanemi would, whenever he could, stop by on days that Kanae was closing the shop and walk her home. He always said it was just courtesy, but of course, it wasn't. He had been in love with her for the past year and a half, and so he did whatever simple thing he could to spend time with her.

Sanemi grabbed a bottle of ibuprofen and stepped up to the register, nodding at Kanae as she checked out his item. She shot him her usual sweet smile as she handed him his medicine in a small paper bag with a receipt inside.

"I'll be right out," Kanae trilled, returning to the backroom to get her things. Sanemi watched as she completed her lockup routine, waiting patiently for her to join him. Once she finished, they stepped outside into the chilly winter air and walked side by side towards the Kochou residence, which was nearby.

They never really spoke whilst they were walking, as they were comfortable with just each other's presence. It was a pleasant silence, not awkward or tense. Sanemi stole a few glances at Kanae's raven hair now and then when she wouldn't notice, and Kanae kept her eyes to the ground so as to avoid staring.

Soon enough, they reached the nice, rather large two story house that Kanae and her sisters lived in. They stood at the door as Kanae fumbled in her purse for her keys. As usual, once she found them, she turned back to Sanemi. "Thanks for walking me home, Shinazugawa-san~," she said, her glowing beam melting his heart. Somewhat reluctantly, he gave her a small smirk back. "No problem, Kanae. Don't have to thank me."

They stood in silence, looking each other in the eye for a few seconds, both frantically thinking of something to say before the oncoming wave of awkwardness set in. Sanemi was about to open his mouth to say something when Kanae beat him to it. "Would you maybe like to hang out sometime...? You know, get some coffee? Go sightseeing?" 

Sanemi was dumbstruck. He was actually kind of disappointed that he didn't ask her first. Regardless, the realization that the girl he loved had just asked him out had set in and his mind exploded. All Kanae saw, though, was a rather cute, flattered display of shyness. She smiled sweetly at him, unintentionally making him all the more unresponsive.

"If you don't want to, that's fine." Kanae assured him, not really hurt. She could cry herself to sleep later if he turned her down. "Ah, uhm- sure, that would be nice," Sanemi finally managed, clearing his throat and shoving his hands in his jacket pockets. Kanae's smile widened and Sanemi was sure he'd be blind if she didn't turn around, which she did, after wishing him goodbye once more.

Kanae lightly shut the front door, resting her head on it from the inside, while Sanemi leaned his back against it from the outside. Sure, they were living a cliche romance story, but, there is a reason why these things become cliche: they're the best kind of romance.

_______________________

LMBOOOOOOOOOO THAT WAS CRINGE IM SORRY

I was in the mood for some good old fluff

good ol cliche fluff but yk

I'm also hopefully going to write Christmas oneshots. yes, I know, it is past Christmas but who cares 😃

anyways it do be almost 5am lol

I'm going to feel like absolute crap for school today ✌😃

night

uwu