𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗈𝗇𝖾.

The grieving process is said to vary for everyone

For Sasuke the grieving process was practically nonexistent. He believed he had no time to mourn as the sorrow that once consumed him was replaced with pure hatred and loathing toward his sibling.

His entire personality had changed from playful and eager, like any other child, to cold and stoic, that of a shinobi who had seen too many of his comrades die. Although that description didn't exactly fit him, Sasuke was in fact a shinobi who was scarred by death just like many others.

Sasuke's usual thoughts, fueled by anger, were interrupted when the classroom door opened. Iruka - sensei entered along with a girl which the uchiha had never seen before. Not that he paid close attention to the inhabitants of the hidden leaf village, but he would have remembered a girl like her. She had this aura, one so complex that he figured his sharingan couldn't even decipher. His eyes scanned over her once more. She wore a black long sleeved top with a black and white cow print skirt and the typical black sandals. An odd pattern in his opinion. hn.

"My name is Junko Momochi. I'm from Kirigakure, but now i'm here. So hi, treat me well... i guess." she shrugged before bowing. Her demeanor was very apathetic. She had no interest, enthusiasm, or concern for anything happening around her. It was apparent to everyone in that classroom.

Iruka looked at her, his expression quizzical before he looked back at his class. "Let's find you a seat, huh?" he smiled, scanning around the classroom. His eyes landed on a single empty seat. It was near a window towards the more middle rows of the classroom. Coincidentally it was next to none other than sasuke uchiha. Said male rolled his eyes when iruka pointed toward him, gesturing for the girl to take a seat next to him. 'How troublesome...' he thought to himself. This would only cause his fangirls to work overtime in an attempt to get his attention as they would feel threatened.

The dark haired girl made her way to the assigned seat, taking her precious time. She stopped abruptly when she felt a hand pull onto her arm and jerk her backward. With an annoyed expression, she looked up to see a girl her height with pink hair and big green eyes. Her face was red and her eyebrows were furrowed, so junko figured she was angry. But at what?

"Don't touch my sasuke!"

To say junko was confused was an understatement. Who the hell was sasuke and why did she feel she could talk to her in that tone?

The entire situation made sense when she glanced over to the seat she was assigned and saw the onyx eyed male eyeing the predicament, a scowl on his face.

'So that's sasuke...' she thought to herself.

Without sparing the pinkette another glance, junko shoved her away (with a little too much force) and made her way toward the uchiha.

Sakura sat on the ground, both dumbfounded and a bit scared. After a moment, iruka got tired of her still state and asked her to go to her seat as he wanted to start class. Shamefully, she walked back to her seat where a blonde boy with whisker markings attempted to console her, but was immediately shot down.

'What a bitch.' junko thought as she faced forward. Paying attention to the lesson.

Class went on as it normally would. although sasuke found that he couldn't keep his eyes off of his new seatmate. He wasn't sure whether to be weary of her or not, so he decided to keep an eye or two on her. She was a rather odd specimen in his opinion.

"Hey, emo. Stop staring at me before you have no eyes at all." spoke the brown eyed girl, her eyes never leaving the front of the class. Sasuke was stunned at the gentleness in her voice. He hadn't expected the girl to be so softspoke being that she looked so stoic on the outside. Nevertheless, she was still extremely intimidating.

"My name is sasuke. Sasuke uchiha for your information."

"Sasuke uchiha, Schiha Uasuke," she shrugged before turning to face him "I could care less what your name is. I said stop staring." her chocolate orbs bore into his charcoal ones as she raised a brow in annoyance.

Sasuke quickly tore his eyes away from hers, feeling he would turn to stone if he looked any longer from the coldness that radiated from her 2 orbs. "Fine. it's not like you're much to look at anyway." he shrugged. He put on a nonchalant act, but he was worried she may kill him then and there because of the statement.

Junko chuckled softly, surprising the uchiha. "That was a good comeback... i like you, emo."

Sasuke rolled his eyes. "My name isn't-"

"Also, do me a favor. Please keep your fangirls in check. I'd hate to hurt one of your precious babies." she said, giving him a small smile. She grabbed her belongings and vanished.

Sasuke's eyebrows furrowed. He was stunned by both the threat and the fact that he had a full conversation with someone for the first time... in a long time.

 in a long time