A suit

"Mom, mom. Stop. You're gonna kill me if you pull this tie any tighter," I clawed at my neck. I was struggling to breath, and I tried my best to loosen the pinstriped tie around my neck.

"I'm sorry, sweetie! I'm just so excited that you they chose to interview you," she grinned as she helped untie the tie.

"Me of all people, I know," I chuckle. When my mom finished fixing my tie, she steps out the way so I could look at myself in the mirror. I stood awkwardly, looking down at my suit. I really hate suits.

"Do I have to wear this?" I groaned, uncomfortable in the box-shaped suit that made me itch in places it shouldn't be itching.

"Stark Industries is a very professional and legitimate company. If you walked in there with a t-shirt and some jeans, you'll immediately look stupid," my mom explained, looking up at me with a smile before leaving me in my room and towards the kitchen where the aroma of something sweet filled the room. I made a face as her while she walked away

As much as I don't want to admit it, she has a point. Stark Industries is one of the most successful companies in the New York. Everyone knows that Tony Stark is Iron Man now after he confessed on live television, so I'm not sure how I feel now that I'm being involved with something like that. But I'm sure nothing bad will happen.

"Ah, Percy! Looking good in that suit!" Paul said as he walked in. He was wearing a button-up polo, but it looked much more comfortable than my black suit.

"Do you need any interview tips? I may have printed a little out to help you," He pulled out a small stack of papers and handed them to me with a wide smile on his face. He wasn't joking.

My eyes widened as I glanced at them. Just looking at them made my brain hurt. That was not a little. It was more like a lot.

"Oh, great! Thanks you," I try my best to smile authentically, "so much."

Paul nods enthusiastically, waiting for me to look at the pages, so that's what I did. I skimmed through the sheets of paper and nodded even though I could barely read any of this. But Paul seemed content, so I didn't want to say anything.

I walked out of my room, and I was immediately hit with the smell of freshly baked cookies. Blue ones to be exact.

"You didn't!" I spin towards my mom, and she beams.

"I did," said my mom.

"Oh, gods, you're the best."

I stuffed two in my mouth, and I could feel the cookies burning my mouth since they were fresh out of the oven.

My mom gives me a look as she watches me swallow those two cookies. "What? I can't let Paul eat all the cookies while I'm gone for the interview. I gotta eat as much as possible. Sorry, Paul," I give a look towards him but he just dismissively waves his hand at me.

He laughed and said, "No worries, I'll eat whatever's left."

Paul and I have a really close relationship now. Ever since I started going to Goode and he's a teacher there, we've gotten an even better relationship. Which makes my mom happy. And if she's happy, then I'm happy.

"Come on, Perce. We should get going. Better early than late," My mom exclaimed.

I grabbed my backpack with a few notebooks and my resume. I hesitanted before deciding to slip in the stack of papers Paul had given me. Who knows if they'd come in handy?

******

Once we got there, I got out of the car and told my mom to come back in about an hour or so. As she drove away, I looked up in awe at the beautiful building. The silver lining all around the building with glass windows shined brightly against the suns reflection. The building was so tall that I could barely see the "Stark" sign at the very top. It was just a red blur. Annabeth would've loved to come in here to look at the architecture. Oh, speaking of Annabeth, I promised her I'd IM her before I go into my interview.

I quickly walked inside the building and a lady with strawberry blonde hair pulled back in a high ponytail walked in stood up from her seat as soon as she saw me. Her black dress perfectly complimented her slim figure. She shuffled up to me and said, "Hi, there! Are you here for the interview?"

"Yeah, I am," I shift my weight uncomfortably, looking down on the floor. 

"Great! What's your name?" she asked, and looks down at her iPad.

"Percy Jackson," I reply, looking around the lobby.

She frowns before looking up at me, "I don't have a Percy here on the list, perhaps you have another name?"

"Oh, right," I cursed inside my head. I totally forgot that the website asked you put down your birth name. "Perseus. Perseus Jackson, but I go by Percy."

"Ah, there you are," she checks off something on her iPad. "My name is Pepper Potts. If you do get this job, you'll be seeing me quite often around here. I'm Mr. Stark's personal assistant. Now if you'll follow me this way. . ."

I was still in awe of how big this lobby was. Businessmen and women were walking in and out of the building. And my mom was right. They were all wearing suits and blazers and dresses. For once, I'm actually glad I wore this suit.

--------------------------

Just clarifying that the pictures up top are not mine :)

Love, milky Rose.