I guess I Was Wrong

-TONY pov-

The boy kept murmuring his back was aching. Oh, I wonder why. I mentally snickered.

"So, Jacob, one more question. What are your interests?"

He was twiddling his thumbs and didn't seem to acknowledge my question. I sighed before repeating the question. "Oh, what? Sorry, I was distracted."

"Who would've thought," I gave a false smile but the kid just looked at me weirdly. Maybe if stopped playing with his hands. . .

Despite my comment, he replied to my question. "I really like playing video games. Oh, and hockey! And baseball. And- yeah, that's it," he answered. Out of all the people who applied to the job, tell me why we chose this guy again?

I wanted to say I lost interest in him after he replied with such a basic answer but I'd be lying. I always heard of that saying, "Don't judge a book by its cover." That's literally what I've done to every person today. Can't help it.

I looked at the kid as he flipped his cap forward to backward. "So, Jacob," I stood up. "It was nice having you here today! We'll keep in touch if you get the internship." I grit my teeth through the lie I just told.

Honestly, it was not nice having him here. I'm not going to put it lightly. Even before we started talking I already hated him. Pepper says I shouldn't say 'hate' because its such a strong word. She reminds me too much of my mother now, it's getting irritating. But seriously, I pretty much disliked everyone who came in today.

He walked out back into the waiting room where Pepper and probably the last person who I would be interviewing were. I rubbed my forehead. I wouldn't be able to take one more person right now. I was tired, I had a migraine, and I missed my lunch. I wasn't exactly what one would say in a good mood.

I just want to get this one last interview over with. Hoping it'll be finished in less than ten minutes, assuming he'll be like everyone else I had interview. Tell me again why Pepper and I decided to have our job be based for high schoolers?

Anyways, I take a sip of my coke before taking the set of papers which had this next kid's information on it. I presumed that this kid was going to be unoriginal and boring, but boy, I was wrong.

--------------

Okay, sorry for the super short chapter. I didn't really know what to put here. But I promise ill try to do a long chapter next time.

:)