Chapter 10

"Lexi!! What are you doing he-"
I was cut off when she jumped up and kissed me.

She pulled away "I missed you so much I got an early flight back home." She hugged me.

"I missed you too." I backed up and looked at her.

"This might be a long shot but should we go look for some place to eat dinner? Like a Chinese restaurant? I'm pretty sure those are the only places open today."She asked.

"Yes yes." I replied "I've been so bored all day."

"Okay! Let me get dressed tho then. I'll be back" she walked into my house and down the hall to my bathroom leaving me alone again. But I felt happy this time.

I should probably get dressed too. I headed the same way she did and into my bedroom. I grabbed out a different shirt then the Christmas sweater I was wearing. It was just a white button up with long sleeves. I grabbed a pair of jeans and put them on. I knocked on the bathroom door where Lexi was changing.

"Hey do you need a jacket maybe? Or a hoodie or something?" I asked knowing that her clothing might be dirty or packed in a suitcase.

"Ya that would be great!" She walked out of the bathroom wearing a black dress that wasn't fancy but was cute. "Do you just have something I can put over this?" She asked

"I should.." I led her to my bedroom and gestured towards my closet. "Just take something." She reached for dreams merch probably just to look at it but I didn't want her touching it. It's important. "Um just don't take the lime green hoodie. It's um special to me." I looked down at my feet. Why would I say that. To my girlfriend. It's just dreams merch it shouldn't mean anything or at least not much.

"Okay!" She grabbed a plaid jacket that was red, navy blue and black and threw it on. It was made of a cotton kinda fabric and was oversized on her but she looked great. "Let's go!" She smiled and walked out.

I followed her down the hall and towards the door. I grabbed my jacket and wallet on the way out and we headed towards my car hand in hand. As we were driving I looked over at her and she was smiling.

"I'm so happy that your here Lexi. I was so lonely I'm not even kidding." I looked over at her. "We're here, I hope we don't need reservations" we walked inside and luckily there were a few tables left. We sat down and ordered the buffet.

"Hey George." She looked into her bag.

"Ya what's up?"

"I didn't actually open this with my family because I knew I was gonna fly back early." She smiled and pulled out the gift I sent her. "Can I open it now?"

"Of course I'm happy you waited! I hope you like it"

She started unwrapping the gift. She pulled out a candle. And smiled.

"I'm not gonna lie I didn't want to get you anything big because we just started dating but I hope you like it. It has a necklace in it I think. So when it melts to a certain place you will have a necklace. It's like a surprise" I giggled nervously. "What does it smell like?"

"Vanilla! It's wonderful George. I feel bad for not getting you anything tho."

"You came home early for me that's my Christmas gift" I smiled. "Do you want to grab food." I got up and walked towards the buffet table. She followed me.

After a we sat down again she looked at me. "So did you get anything nice today? Like from your mom or someone."

My eyes widened remembering what Dream got me. "YA!! I did. Dream sent me a gift so I called him so he could hear my reaction to opening the gift but when I tried to call him he hung up and FaceTimed me and I got to see what he looks like!"