1

Worlds Apart

"You pathetic little brat" I fall to my bloody knees with a whimper, unable to scream due to my sore throat each cry is like sandpaper.
"How dare you try and run away, Your ungrateful... I feed you and give you a place to rest yet you try and defy me" I force myself to look up at the man towering over me, my body uncontrollably shaking with fear and anxiety, scared for what is next to come, "Sir the queen has requested to come in" One of the Kings guards informs him "Let her in"

"very well sir" his assistant walks away but not shorty after the Queen known as my mother enters the chamber, I look over at her as I reach out to touch her, just to feel my mother once more; suddenly my hand is pressed down onto the cold pavement by a pair of black combat boots, I whice in pain.

"So what did she do this time?" my mother ask facing her attention back to the King who is my step father, although I hate to admit it.

"She was caught running off again" He scoffs stepping off my hand, "Isn't this the 8th time?" My mother rolls her eyes clearly annoyed by my current behaviour, "M-mom.. I'm-". "ENOUGH" she shouts causing me to flinch back "Guards escort her to the execution chamber" My mother exclaims waving her hands not wanting to look me in the eyes, "MOM.. NO S-STOP-" my voice raspy and parched as I scream for my life, I am picked up by arm's by two guards, I kick and shove as tears begin to stream down my face.
this can't be happening.. my own mother is sending me off to die, after everything I've been through.

"IM SORRY I WON'T RUN AWAY I SWEAR PLEASE!!" I cry out until I am no longer in view of the Queen and King, I am tossed into a dark room, the damp floor leaves me in a muddy mess. Not to mention how cold the room is I shudder huddling up into a corner trying to keep warm with just my body heat.

how could things turn out like this.. what's wrong with me? why am I so hated..
things weren't always this miserable, I once remember a time where I was truly happy.. my mom used to the kindest women I knew, that was before my father's death, after he died she just.. she just changed.. her whole personality shifted that week, she grew so cold and blamed me for his passing, and for a while I started to believe it but that was until my mother remaired a power hungry demon,A low ranked demon at that..

One day they just locked me up in the chamber.. they said I was a menace to society but I don't get it.. I am the soon to be Queen I am the only true heir left to the throne.. I still don't get why they feel so threatened by my presence.. it's not like I even have my powers yet and I'm not sure if i ever will.. am I even a true Demon? why do I feel so weak..

"Get up" I break out of thoughts as a guard grabs my by the wrist, I quickly obey as he leads me down the dark hallway and into the room i was dreading on seeing.. My eyes glance over at the bloody ax in the hands on the executioner.. I scream out in fear as I make a run for it, The gaurd grabs me by the hair pushing me to the ground with a bang, I gasp in pain but I notice the lose dagger hagging from his pouch, I reach out as i clench the dagger between my fingers, I swiftly swing the dagger across his neck, his blood sprays out like a fountain causing some splashing onto my pale face, I push his body off me as I gag at the sight, he shakes violently as he chokes on his own blood, the color drained from his face.

the executioner soon realizes what just happened and runs my way, I burst through the doors and into the hallway, unsure of where I am running off too, I have to find a way out..

I hear footsteps coming closer, I quickly duck behind a pile of beer barrels, some guards pass by me without any suspicion.. 'they didn't see me good' I let out a small sigh of relief that was short long lived

"It's so damn stuffy in here.. let's go get a drink"
"yeah" I listen in on the guards convo as I peek my head over the barrels, I notice the two guards exit out a door with the moonlight shinning into the dark halls.