Chapter 2

Kristen and Camille walked into the Varner mansion, looking around them. A maid came to welcome them and told them to wait, Ariana would be with them in a few minutes.

"Hey, guys!" Ariana exclaimed when she joined them in the living room downstairs. Her blonde hair was tied up in a ponytail. She was wearing a pink crop top on a pair of jean shorts. The winter wind hadn't come out fully even though there were little signs of it. Even at that, their house was pretty warm.

"Hey baby girl," Kristen replied. "How have you been?"

Ariana called a maid to take their luggage upstairs. "Bored as fuck. Good thing mother and father won't be home for the holiday."

"That's why we're here!" Kristen screamed as she stood up to give Ariana an elaborate hug.

Camille, who had been quiet since they came finally decided to talk. "Your house is beautiful, Ariana."

"Thank you so much, Camille," Ariana said with a smile.

"Let's get settled in," Kristen said hastily. Ariana let them up to the room she had prepared for them and left them to put their things in order. They came down for dinner as soon as they were done.

"So today is the twentieth of the month," Camille started.

"And so?" Kristen snapped at her. "Why are you telling us?"

The other girl bent her head down and said "nothing." Ariana just observed them from her position on the armchair and decided not to contribute to their conversation.

"This Christmas is gonna be a blast!" Kristen yelled for absolutely no reason. Ariana suddenly felt that it was indeed going to be a blast, a damn blasted Christmas. Maybe she should have just stayed alone with Stan.