Chapter 2 Introduction

Ayanokouji POV

Today is the day the results of the special exam will be announced, the results of this special exam would determine whether we would go down back to Class D or climb up to Class B, the atmosphere in the classroom was very tense, time seemed to have moved slowly as Chabashira-sensei enters, she had a rolled-up paper which I'm guessing are the results, I can't tell what she was feeling, she had her usual face so it was quite hard to read, even for me.

The results which will determine the standings of the classes, whether one will go up or go down, the classroom was very quiet, both of my seatmates wore serious expressions.

"No need to be so tense, I assure you that you did well." Chabashira-sensei spoke, which can imply a few meanings, either we did good enough to maintain our current position, we did well to at least come close to the next class, or we did well to actually reach the next class.

Slowly, Chabashira-sensei unrolled the paper tube, she put it on the board using two magnets at the top and two more at the bottom, once she finished, she moves away and steps to the side to show it to everyone.

The results were...

*A few days ago*

Chabashira-sensei asked us to come to school early today, I presume that since it's a new month, there will be a new special exam, I left my room and went towards the elevator, I pressed the button and waited for it to arrive.

After a few moments, the elevator arrived, once it opened, it revealed a few familiar students, what a very unusual combination, and other than it being an unusual combination, it's also a very creepy coincidence.

"Are you getting in or not?" One of the people inside the elevator spoke, it was Kamuro.

"Ah sorry, I will." I said as I got in, this is a very awkward atmosphere, for me at least.

In the elevator, there was, Horikita, Kamuro, Ibuki, Kei, Matsushita, Ichinose, and Kushida.

Don't these people come earlier than me? I wonder what made them go to school later than usual, I scanned the elevator, Horikita and Ibuki were distancing their selves from one another, no surprise there, Kamuro was in between them, come to think of it, I've never heard Kamuro and Horikita talk to one another directly, except when they're making fun of me.

I noticed that Kei and Matsushita were chatting about fashion and when I glanced at Kei she glanced at me, I wonder why, anyway, next were Kushida and Ichinose, just like Kei and Matsushita, they were also chatting, albeit a different topic, and once I decided to stop observing, Kushida talked to me, it seems like my presence had been noticed.

"Oh, good morning Ayanokouji-kun." Kushida greeted me.

"Yahoo, Ayanokouji-kun, good morning." Ichinose greeted me as well, I noticed that she smelled like, uh, citrus? Did she start wearing perfume?

"Uh, yeah good morning." I greeted back, and I heard someone suppressing their laugh, what's funny?

"Ah, Ayanokouji-kun, your unform is a bit messy, let me fix it for you." Kushida suddenly said as she came near me, and started fixing my uniform, it seems like this action earned the attention of everyone else in the elevator, since all of them glanced, no more like stared at us.

"There! All good!" Kushida said as she steps away, after that, I felt something on my breast pocket, it seems like it was a piece of paper, that was pretty amazing sleight of hand.