𝐌𝐀𝐊𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐒𝐄𝐋𝐅 𝐔𝐒𝐄𝐅𝐔𝐋.

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

╚═══*

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

𝗗𝗥𝗔𝗖𝗢'𝗦 𝗣𝗢𝗩

Thump. Thump. Thump.

"Where the bloody hell are you, huh?" a muffled voice whispered.

I shifted in my half-sleeping state, lifting my head to search for the source of the sound. I leaned back in my chair and rubbed my eyes, attempting to clear my blurry vision.

"What?" I groaned groggily, lazily scanning the room around me, spotting a man with fiery red hair standing in the corner.

"I-I, uh, hello Mr. Malfoy," rushed Percy Weasley, hitting his arm on the table beside him.

I rolled my eyes, running my hands through my hair. "What the fuck are you doing in here Percy," I looked down at my watch, "Dear Merlin, it's 7 AM." I spat out.

I reached underneath my desk, grabbing my briefcase in a hurry.

"I was checking up on you, Mr. Malfoy. I never saw you leave and I got a bit worried."

"Get the fuck out, Percy. I don't care for your shitty excuses," I hissed, yanking open the latch as I pulled out a piece of parchment.

"M-my apologies, Draco," he whispered, stumbling out the door.

I watched as he closed the door behind him, pulling out a quill and bottle of ink from one of my drawers. Dipping my quill into the fresh bottle, I looked back down at the piece of parchment in front of me,

Astoria,

I apologize for not coming home last night, I know you're likely worried about my wellbeing. It seems I had a bit too much to drink and ended up sleeping in my office. I suppose that was the wiser choice, overall.

I hope you're doing well over at the Manor, I will return tonight, I assure you. Until then, I wish you luck in your party planning and look forward to the festivities you will share with my colleagues and me.

If there's anything I can do to help alleviate some of the burdens, do not hesitate and ask. I understand how difficult it can be to plan such an extravagant party in such a short period of time.

I'll be with you soon,

Draco

I drop the quill beside me, folding the letter neatly in on itself. Opening the drawer beside me, I pull out an envelope.

I pick up my quill, writing the word Astoria on the side, and slip the letter inside. I quickly seal it, pushing my chair back as I stood up.