Chapter One: The Funeral

Hi, everyone,

How are you all doing?

I know that many are waiting for an update for "My Monster-in-Law", but I've been possessed by a plot of a sequel for "Through the Darkness" that I couldn't resist.

So, here is the first chapter of the story.

WARNING: This story contains MAJOR angst and drama. Please, be warned!

I have borrowed characters from other BL series such as TharnType, Together with Me and My Gear and Your Gown.

This chapter was edited only by Grammarly. Please, excuse my mistakes.

As always, your votes, comments and reviews are always welcomed and appreciated! 😘😘

☀️☀️ ☀️☀️ ☀️☀️

Five Years Later...

Kongphop stood in front of the full-length mirror, carefully adjusting his appearance before stepping backwards and having a long inspecting look at himself

Kongphop stood in front of the full-length mirror, carefully adjusting his appearance before stepping backwards and having a long inspecting look at himself. Dull and dead eyes stared back at him in the mirror's reflection. It was, indeed, a gloomy day. His father had passed away a few days ago, and today was his funeral.

During the past five years, his father was the only member of his family whom he had kept in contact with regularly. Each of his sisters, busy with their families and personal lives, kept minimal contact with him mostly over the phone since he had stopped going to the family house. Though she was released two years ago, his mother hadn't seen him since she was sentenced for her involvement in his husband's case.

Kongphop let out a deep sigh. Today would be the first day in a long time that he would be facing his entire family and would be forced to spend the night in the family house.

"Kong! Kongphop!" —Kongphop snapped from his thoughts upon hearing his husband's sleepy voice calling— "Kongphop, where are you?"

Shaking his head, he quickly pushed all his grim thoughts to the back of his mind and forced a small smile on his face before exiting the walk-in-closet and into the bedroom.

"I'm here, Oon," he said calmly as he walked to the bed and sat on its edge next to the half-sitting man. "Why are you up at this hour, Honey? It's too early."

"You're ready to go?" Arthit asked instead of answering his husband's question.

"Yes," Kongphop replied, sliding an arm behind the older man, and wrapping it around his waist, pulling the other man into his embrace.

Feeling the other man's warmth engulfing him, Arthit rested his head on Kongphop's shoulder, letting out a soft sigh.

"I should come with you," he said softly.

"Arthit, we've already agreed—"

"No, we haven't agreed!" Arthit exclaimed angrily, pulling away from his husband's embrace. "You're the one who decided alone that I shouldn't go to your father's funeral! I'm your husband, and I should be standing next to you at this hour of grieve. What would the rest of your family think when your husband isn't present in your father's funeral?"