Faker

Art Creds: @brookiiegold on Instagram

~~~~~~~~~~

::Tw::
Death, mental illness, manipulation

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Tommy-"
"Dream, I can't do it anymore..."

Tommy sat in the nether, overlooking the lava ocean with eyes full of desire. Dream came up from behind him and took a seat aside Tommy.
The netherack burned dreams palm as he placed his right hand on the ground and the other was roughly placed on Tommy's shoulder, startling the boy.

Tommy's legs kicked back and fourth over the lava, his hands placed gently in his lap, fingers twiddling the small compass ghostbur had given him. Folded neatly next to him, there was a brown trench coat. The coat was long and had holes and tears all over it. Embroidered on the inside of the coat were
the initials W. S.

"Tommy its not your-"
"Not my time to die yet... I know. You've told me a million times before! How could I forget Dream?! Your my only friend, ya'know. Your the only one that cares about me."

Tommy's grip on his compass tightened as he shut his eyes tightly. Dream stayed still, not daring to say a word and upset the boy further. For now, Dream needed Tommy alive.

"You care for me and give me food... And you even come everyday to watch me... y-you come to watch me?"
A spark of realization went off in Tommy's mind.
"Dream you only come to watch me?"
Tommy looked up at Dream, his eyes were searching for an answer, for something to excuse the way Dream visits.
"Only to watch?"
Tommy's voice cracked slightly.
"Tommy-"
"Are you really my friend?! Have you been lying to me?"
Tommy's eyes were full of tears that flowed down his face only to be evaporated by the heat given off my the lava.
"Your not my friend are you?! I trusted you! How could you-"
"TOMMY!"
Dream gripped Tommy's raggedy shirt and pulled him backwards slightly, ripping another hole in his shirt in the process.
Tommy's eyes grew wide as he looked up at Dream, struggling to try and loosen dreams grip.
"Stop."
Dreams voice commanded Tommy like a dog trainer to a puppy. Tommy stopped struggling and just looked at him in fear.
"Get up."
Dream stood up firmly and yanked Tommy up by the collar, assisting him as he tried standing up hastily. Dream locked eyes with Tommy, a hint of pity and regret locked up deep inside his heart, emotions that had never seen the light of day started bubbling inside him.

Tommy still tightly gripped the compass in his hand, fearful that Dream would take it from him. It was all he had left...

"You.... you remind me of Wilbur."

Dream took a small step towards Tommy.

"You couldn't handle being alone."

Tommy's once blue eyes had a mixture of fear, sadness, and shock in them. The person that he once idolized as his friend was now insulting him.

"You got so lost in your thoughts that your not yourself anymore. Your 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐚𝐧𝐞. Your 𝐒𝐢𝐜𝐤. Just like Wilbur was."

Dreams grip on Tommy's shirt moved to his shoulder, he winced in pain.

"I can't have another insane person roaming around. I tried isolating you, but obviously that wasn't enough. I tried being your friend but you still insist that I was faking."

"Dream please don't do this."

Tommy's eyes tried pleading with Dream, but to no avail. Dream showed no signs of mercy.

"I'm 𝐝𝗼𝐧𝐞 with you."

Dream shoved Tommy with so much force that he didn't have time to react. Tommy was now clinging onto the side of the netherack bridge, holding on for dear life.