Broken Promises

Art Creds: @emiii707 on Twitter

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Tubbo... whatever happens tomorrow... promise me that we'll stay friends..."

Tommy and Tubbo sat atop the walls of the soon to be free country named L'Manburg.
Tomorrow was a big day. It was the day that the boys would finally request independence from the Dream SMP. If all went well, no lives would be lost. If it went bad... well... you know what would happen.

Tubbo looked at Tommy, hair gently bouncing from the wind, Blue eyes reflecting the star light. Tommy looked back at him, blue coat laying limply on his shoulders, eyes reflecting the moonlight.

"I promise, Tommy..."

A small smile graced Tommy's face as he turned his attention back to the night sky. He held up his pinky in Tubbo's direction, signaling for a pinky promise. Childish, yes, but it was the strongest bond that could be made between the two.
Tubbo instantaneously lifted his hand and his pinky with it. He wrapped his slightly smaller finger around Tommy's, and Tommy gave a little squeeze.

A large goofy grin spread on Tubbo's face and Tommy just scoffed. The stars looked down with good faith upon these two... they were destined to be friends... brothers...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Your not the real Tommy!!!!"
A hot tear rolled down the young presidents face. After all that these children had been through, they were still just that... children, and children shouldn't be expected to undergo such trauma.

Losing a friend, let alone a best friend, that vowed to never forget the bond you forged in fire. The bond strengthened by war and despair.

Losing your heart. Losing your life. Losing your memories. Things that could never be regained. Things that were now lost forever in time.

"Tubbo please-"
Ghostbur attempted to mediate the confrontation, but had little to no success. Ghostbur didn't have his memories either, so how was he expected to understand, let alone comprehend what the two boys had lost.

"Wilbur..."
The young ghost seemed to remember Wilbur, at least. Not in a good way. The ghost cowered in fear behind Bad, someone he didn't remember, but someone who gave him a piece of his heart, therefore gaining his trust.
This was all too much to handle for him, but no one seemed to register that until it was too late...

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Karl, Quackity, Sapnap and AntFrost had exited the cave like room with two extra members... if Tommy could be considered a person anymore.
Tubbo huffed and puffed, full of rage and denial: the real Tommy wasn't dead, surely he was still sitting on his little isolated island, doing his Snapchat streak, hanging out with hot girl in Logsted. Surely this was a faker.

A warm smile crossed the boys face at the thought of his best friend. His posture loosened and his crossed arms fell to his sides.
His attention snapped back to the matter at hand when Sapnap stepped kicked a sign laying on the ground, making a loud clanking noise in the process.

Tommy was also snapped out of his state. The boy was dreamily staring at Tubbo's soft smile. Tommy couldn't quite remember who Tubbo was, his memory of Tubbo was cloudy.
Most of the time when thinking about Tubbo, he would be filled with joy and warmth... but... other times he would be filled with a sense of betrayal and hurt.
But when he saw Tubbo smile for the first time as a Ghost, he had no doubt in his mind that the boy was the most important thing in the world to him... as a human at least.