Coming Home

I have been living in Shanghai for quite some time now. I lived with my best friend Amy Chu. Amy has been my biggest confidant for as long as I can remember,but she is a little oddball.

        Amy lately is obsessed with this show called "Blood Red Sun". It is a show based on seven characters who all relatively have the same power over some sort of light. I called Amy as soon as I got situated at my hotel. "你在干什么?" (What are you up to ?) I sighed. I was utterly exhausted. "什么都没有." (Nothing.)

       I could hear her excited screaming already. The show was on. "哎哟!我的耳朵!" (Ouch ! My ears !) Amy laughed loudly. "Get some rest. Don't you need to see your family anyway ?" She did have a point. I didn't want to visit my family & they grow worried.

     Amy has always taken great care of me. She takes on a maternal role in my life. I have no idea how life would've been without her company. I drifted to sleep after hanging up on Amy.

         I hate mornings, did I mention that ? I was making my way to my family home when a fiery ball crashed right into the rode a four cars ahead of me.

             Fire started engulfing the street. I got out utterly confused. I walked closer standing next to some woman. "What's that ?" We both looked ahead finding seven boys shrouded in the fire. The woman rolled her eyes, "A sick joke is what that is. Teenagers these days are so destructive."

           I ignored the woman looking on. A deafening scream sounded. I look over finding a little girl trapped in her car screaming for her mother. Fire had barely lit the tires ablaze. One of the boys walked over calming the fire & helping the little girl out.

They caused all this chaos ? Why help that little girl. The little girl dried her tears as tbe boy carefully handed her off to her mother. A bright light flashed before the seven boys disappeared.

             I got back to my car heading to my parents house. My older sister working at a Lab. I forgot the name, but I am sure she knew something.

      I got home later than I initially wanted. I greeted my parents , & my sister's husband Leo. I pulled Leo to the side. He had to know.something. "Where does Noona work again ?" Leo looked hesitant to tell me. "Leo, I need to know. I just encountered something inexplicable." Leo sighed patting my shoulder, "BE:LIFT Lab is where she works. That's all I can tell you."

         I slowly headed upstairs & went to the guest room. My sister wasn't in. Was snooping too much ? I dismissed that thought going through her papers on the desk. There had to be something here.

That is when I found it.