142. make up [narrated]

saturday, 12th of april, 2019

I am used to this, so telling the waiter I'm here on my own it's not a problem for me.

Whenever my friends and my boyfriend were too busy or didn't want to hang out, I would put on a fancy dress and try a new restaurant.

This time it didn't feel much more different. In fact, I tried to convince myself of the opposite, that Harry and Jaden weren't acting the same way, but it was complicated to assure so when the feelings I am experiencing are so similar.

They are completely different people and with each one of them I have stories that cannot be compared. One of them gave me nothing but worries and anxiety and the other one made a small mistake.

So I get those ideas out of my mind and grab the menu to read my options for dinner.

"Is this seat taken?"

I raise my gaze, ready to reject the hinted invitation to accompany me, but the words die in my mouth when I encounter those magnetic eyes.

"No," I reply, not able to say anything else. I wanted to be sarcastic, but it was only going to make things worse.

Harry lets out a heavy sigh mixed with an unbothered chuckle and proceeds to take the seat in front of me.

"For someone who claims not to be mad at me, you sure look like you are," He points out with a little smirk.

I raise my eyebrows and leave the menu on the table.

This is going to be a long night.

Not sure if I can actually get through this with almost no time to understand my own feelings, I decide to dodge the topic one more time to give myself a moment to think, process and come to a conclusion.

But before I make up some lame excuse to avoid the problem, I convince myself that I need to be mature if I want this to work.

"I'm going to be honest." I say looking at him. Harry nods with his head. "You just came because you thought I was mad at you and you don't want to mess up too much, but if it hadn't meant a threat to our relationship, you wouldn't be here."

After I say it I feel like a weight falls from my shoulders, but there is so much more I need to get off from me and let him know that I can't even keep it for myself like I used to. So, with a plain tone, I continue talking.

"It's not fair to compare our relationship to my past one, but I felt the same way I used to with Jaden. Those are my feelings and I cannot change them." Fuck, Ariel, slow down. "I know you are working, and I am not mad about that, not even about how I felt tonight because I am strongly influenced by what happened with someone else. I am just confused and upset."

Seriously, slow down.

Harry blinks twice, as if he is trying to process everything and come up with a response to what I stated.

"I think I fancy pasta, by the way." Harry frowns suddenly. "I'm hungry," I explain.

I grab the menu to hide myself, because I definitely overshared my emotions and talked too much in one minute, but Harry grabs it and takes it away from me, with a little shy smile on his lips.

"I appreciate that you are opening up to me. Thanks for that." He clears his throat and keeps talking. "And I am honestly and deeply sorry for making you feel like that, especially because you were right. If it hadn't meant a threat to us, I would be right now working with Mitch."

Harry stands up and takes the seat at the left side of the table. I can feel his knee touching my leg while his hand grabs mine and his eyes see right through me.