Chapter 4 - The Golden Droplet pt.1

A week had passed since Ezekiel had been kicked out of Heaven and had moved into Heather's apartment. Life on Earth wasn't too bad, sure, with his new corporeal body he got tired a lot more easily and a simple task such as cleaning up the apartment, while Heather was at university, always wiped him out, but besides that, there were also a lot of things he enjoyed.

That evening, Heather had decided to bring Ezekiel with her to The Golden Droplet, the club where she worked as a waitress, and although the young angel was a bit reluctant at first, he agreed to it in the end.

He was in his room, trying to decide what to wear for the night. The Angelic Council had given him quite a nice wardrobe: T-shirts and sweatpants were predominant, but he also had a couple of button up shirts and three pairs of jeans to choose from and the best thing about it, was that everything fit him perfectly, as if they had been specifically tailored to fit him at his current weight.

Ezekiel paced back and forth in front of the wardrobe, unable to make up his mind, until he heard a knock on his door. "Y-yes?".

"Ezekiel, are you almost ready? Not to put pressure on you, but we need to be out in ten minutes..." Heather said from behind the door, with a slightly impatient tone of voice, which made Ezekiel panic slightly.

"I-I don't know what to wear!" he shouted nervously "There's too much to choose from- is a shirt and jeans combo ok or is it too elegant?".

The girl sighed heavily "That'll do, don't worry, just get dressed as quickly as you can".

A couple of minutes later Ezekiel stepped out of his room wearing a white button up shirt and a pair of blue jeans and walked up to Heather, who was waiting for him next to the front door. She was wearing a white blouse and a black high waisted skirt.

He stopped in his tracks to admire her "Y-you look... nice" he muttered, blushing a bit.

Heather looked at him and smiled "Aww, thank you! You look good as well, buddy!".

Ezekiel flinched, he wasn't expecting to receive a compliment. Even though he knew that was just a friendly comment, he couldn't help but get flustered, it had been a very long time since someone had complimented his looks. "Ah! Th-thank you" he exclaimed rubbing the back of his head.

"No problem! Now let's go shall we?".

After some driving through the streets Heather pulled up in front of a small building with neon lights going on and off rhythmically and a big sign that read "The Golden Droplet". Ezekiel looked at it while heaving himself out of the car; he was surprised, he thought the place was going to be much bigger than that. "So... you work here" he said glancing over at Heather.

She nodded and grinned "Yup! I know it's pretty small, but trust me, it's a great place. Come inside, I want you to meet my co-worker before the people start flooding the place" she said taking him by the hand and pulling him into the building and down a set of stairs.

Ezekiel looked at the inside of the club, feeling a bit disoriented, it was unlike anything he'd ever seen before: a big room with blue and purple lights, dark walls with several tables and red leather couches next to them, and finally, a counter at the bottom of the room, where a stout man was cleaning some shot glasses.

They both walked up to him, Heather giving him a friendly greeting "Hey girl, we're finally here!".

The man looked up, immediately making a snarky remark "Putain, finally! I was starting to think you weren't coming today!" he grinned and looked over at Ezekiel, "Oh parbleu! You must be Heather's new roomie; it's nice to meet you, chérie! I'm Eden" he said holding out his hand.