Day 8 - Unstable

*Mentions of abuse, rape and murder*

Dream's POV

They dragged me in, even after condemning me to prison for life. It was decided that instead I should go to an asylum, where they send the mentally ill to live out their days in captivity and yet they don't call it prison for the mentally ill as that wouldn't be as inviting. So here I am, on a bed in my new cell, surronded by people who have likely done everything or nothing wrong.

I've heard from people passing by my cell that some of the patients are allowed to interact and even go outside. Those are the people who have hardly anything wrong with them and they have likely not committed any illegal crimes. I'm certain that I'll be stuck in this cell, I killed my own brother after all. If I was allowed near those okay people, they'd probably wind up dead.

"Dream, I'm here to talk to you," someone who looks fancier than all the nurses around here walked up to my cell.

"Sure, I have nothing better to do anyway," he looked down on me when I spoke and I knew that he's dangerous.

"You will be permitted to go outside with some of the other patients, but you'll be more heavily monitered and we will have a stun gun on the person watching over you," this guy must be an idiot for letting me see the light of day for even a minute.

"Sounds cool, I wouldn't mind some fresh air," he looked pleased by my answer and that made me feel uneasy.

"Later today someone will show you outside, remember to behave and you might get some other special treatments," I grinned at him, even though I felt scared to obey or disobey him.

So I sat around waiting and eventually a nurse showed up, leding me toward what looked like a garden. The first thing outside that caught my attention was the large metal gates and then a small boy in a similar outfit as I'm wearing. He appeared to be distracked by what he was playing with in the dirt, until he looked me dead in the eyes and smiled.

"Hello, you must be new, my name is Blue," he looks far too innocent to be here and yet there he is.

"Um, hi? I'm Dream," I hesitated as I got closer to him and saw a scar reaching from one side of his neck to the other.

"Oh, you already noticed my scar... It's the reason I'm in here, my temper got out of hand and my brother shoved me into a piece of sharp glass. I almost died, but my surivival landed me here, he almost died to me, so it's only fair what he did," didn't expect such burtality from someone so small and kind of cute.

"I got sent here for murder, I killed my twin brother and was supposed to go to jail. However some idiot thought it was just me being mentally unstable and I got sent here," he laughed at my story, like it was funny and I knew that this is not his real personality, he doesn't seem the type to laugh over death.

"Attempted murder and murder, we'll make great friends," he put his hand out and I shook it, having the feeling that making him mad is a bad idea.

We spent day after day hanging out for the short hour that we're let outside and smile when we pass each other in the halls. However we're unlucky and the head doctor or the warden was happy with the progress I was making, he'd stop by my room often. Today he told me he was going to help me get better and become a normal civilian again, something I don't care if I am or not.

"Dream, you just need to sit here and not move around," I did as I was told, still fearing the man before me.

"I understand," was all I said, before I saw a needle and felt myself begin to hyperventilate.