8

𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝚈𝚘𝚛𝚔, 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝚈𝚘𝚛𝚔☼

𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝚈𝚘𝚛𝚔, 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝚈𝚘𝚛𝚔

Sativa's POV

I woke up this morning with the biggest smile on my face. Today is the day where my life could change forever. This is something that I have wanted ever since I was a little girl and it was finally coming true. I couldn't get too ahead of myself because this shoot I'm attending today is just a test drive.

I started my day by running a cold shower to wake me up more and make the bags under my eyes less noticeable. Once I got out I brushed my teeth and did my skincare routine. I then got dressed in a beige fitted tank with some regular blue straight legged jeans to bring out my tall and slender figure and pair it with some platform Doc Martens. For makeup I went for a natural dewy look to display the cheekbones that I had inherited from my father. I grabbed my curls and let them flow freely today, only putting moisturizer and gel to hold the curls perfectly.

I took one last look in the mirror before grabbing my keys and a mini black hand-held purse and headed to the parking garage on my way to IMG's office in Brooklyn.

I waited in my car for a while. I admit I was 20 minutes early but I knew I needed to calm my nerves. After the time passed I walked up to the glass office doors and was met by a tall woman with a curve figure and a gray pixie cut. Her long strides guided us to her office. I sat across from her and took a quick glance around her office. It was spacious with another pair of tall glass doors. Her desk was neat and everything was aligned perfectly.

"Hello, Sativa. I've been awaiting his moment for weeks now. I saw your post on Instagram and many others and I think you can be someone someday." She spoke with a light smirk etched on her face.

As she spoke I fixed my posture and crossed my legs. "Yes, I feel the same. I've been wanting to be a model ever since I was a little girl." I beamed a smile at her and pulled a manila folder out under my arm and and handed it to her.

She picked up the folder and looked through it. Her face was blank, I couldn't tell whether she was impressed or not. I looked at her then at the folder and repeated this until she looked up at me.

"Okay, we are going to do a little practice shoot and the pictures that we are taking today are going to be sent out to the managers of IMG and they choose whether they want you to be the face of our company." She quickly nodded her head and began walking quickly again with her black shiny pumps clicking against the marble floor.

I did a little jog to catch up with her because I got stuck in the chair before she arose from her. I hope she didn't notice. What a clumsy bitch. I mentally slapped my forehead.

We were now in the back of the building. Other women were there. They look ethereal honestly. They were tall and slender, some were short and had tummies. She sent me in line with a girl, she looked around my age. She had ginger hair, fair skin, and cheekbones that could cut stone. She turned around and leered at me and whipped her head back to where it originally was. Her ginger locks slightly whipped me in the face. I widened my eyes slightly and took a step back to avoid further complications with her. As I was stepping back I accidentally stepped on someone's shoe. I looked back and apologized immediately without even landing an eye on her.

"It's fine, first days are nerve wracking I get it." the delicate and soft voice said.

I looked up and her. Her brown eyes sparkled in the studio spotlight. Her kinky light brown curls bounced as she laughed. Her smile was so warm and her teeth were absolutely perfect. Her body had curves in all the right places and she was downright perfect.

"Yeah," I laughed nervously "I'm sorry again I'm really clumsy." I shrugged my shoulders with an awkward smile.

"It's fine really, and don't mind the chick in front of you, that's Brynne Foster. It's not her first time here. She's been dropped by agencies so many times," she said emphasizing the so. " I advise you to stay away from her, she starts problems with anyone for clout," she whispered, putting her mouth up to my ear.

I nodded and laughed slightly at the fact that she was telling me this as the girl was right in front of me.

"I'm Choyce, Choyce Brown by the way." She reached her hand out to mine.

"I'm Sativa Hendrix." I gave her a light smile and shook her hand

Instead of shaking mine back she pulled my hand and gave me a tight hug. I could melt in her arms. I don't think I've ever been this captivated in a hug before. I usually don't let people hug me when I first meet them because it's weird I don't know them yet. But with her, I already feel like we are best friends.

"Sativa Hendrix!' a lady with a camera in her hand called out.

I gave Choyce worried eyes and quickly trotted to the tape that was positioned in the center of the white backdrop.

"You'll do amazing," Choyce mouthed at me from a distance as well as giving me two thumbs up paired with a blinging smile.

"Okay, I would like you to do some relaxed poses for me but keep them inside the tape." she took her face from behind her camera to talk to me.

I nodded my head and began to pose.

After about an hour of the photographer taking pictures of me and her gradually putting me in some uncomfortable poses.

Choyce was soon done after me. Sandra led the both of us to her office. Choyce linked arms with me and we did a little jog against to catch up with her again.

"She walks really fast," Choyce giggled and it echoed throughout the hallway that we were walking through.

I think she heard Choyce because she slightly looked back at the two of us.

As she sat down at her desk she let out a big sigh. "Are you two friends?" she questioned.

"Um, no but I can feel this friendship starting to kindle." Choyce gave a big smile and looked at me. I smiled back and gave Sandra a big nod.

"Well since you two seem to have great chemistry I can sense you two working together in the future. So, your first gig is going to be together. An H&M photoshoot for their new line called 'Better Together. It has matching shirts, accessories, anything you can think of." she looked at the both of us as if we were bad children that she had babysat all day.

We then looked at each other, smiles both creeping onto our face.

"Thank you so much Ms. Armstrong, you wont regret it," I said as I skipped with Choyce out of her office.

"I hope I don't, I have a lot of hope in your girls!" Sandra yelled back with a smirk of her face as she watched up skipped with glee out of her office doors.