Chapter 159 - Hyrule Invasion - Part 8

Summary: Mipha and Mila heal injured Hylian soldiers. Purah, Robbie, and Lapha head to Eventide Island to research how shrines were corrupted. Zelda hosts a small celebration with the Champions and family.

It was early morning at the Command Center in Hyrule Castle as Princess Zelda finished speaking with her mother on Eventide Island, then turned to General Haston.

"My mother just confirmed what we both suspected, that she and Link were victorious. This means we can be sure that no more monsters will emerge from shrines," said Princess Zelda. "Please notify the military leaders of the other races, as this will free up their Divine Beasts to destroy the remaining monsters at large."

"At once, Your Highness," said General Haston, who issued the order to the communications officer.

In Gerudo Town, Captain Kodda relayed the information to Baleria inside Divine Beast Naboris in the Gerudo Highlands.

"That's wonderful news, Kodda," said Baleria. "We will be home soon."

"Did you hear that, Naboris?" said Baleria after ending the call. "We can go home now. But we need to destroy every monster we see along the way, and I'm sure you won't mind doing that. And neither will I."

Naboris let out a loud cry that would freeze the blood of any nearby adversary. Then Baleria turned off the energy beam containing the Kema Kosassa Shrine, and the giant mechanism began making its way down from the Risoka Snowfield and back towards the Gerudo Desert.

It wasn't until they reached the desert that Baleria began seeing monsters, and she used Naboris to destroy them as they walked. When the warriors in Gerudo Town saw Naboris in the distance, they all cheered, and it filled them with resolve.

For monsters, though, it had the opposite effect. For the sight of Naboris looming ever closer, shaking the ground as it walked, and crackling with electricity, was terrifying to them. By midday, all but isolated monsters were destroyed, and Gerudo warriors were eagerly hunting those down as well. Baleria left Naboris outside of Gerudo Town, then prepared to shut it down, but took a moment before leaving.

"Thank you, Naboris, for being our defender once again," said Baleria. "And thank you, Lady Urbosa, for all you taught me. I know you are looking down on us."

Then Baleria left Naboris and made the short walk into town, nodding at the two guards by the entrance who welcomed her back.

"How bad were our losses, Kodda?" asked Baleria after Captain Kodda reported to her.

"Sadly, we lost seven warriors to enemy archers, Chief," sighed Kodda. "Other than that, we suffered only mild bruises and scrapes."

"Everyone truly lived up to their duty and bravely defended our home," said Baleria. "We will have a service for those who fell in battle this afternoon. I received a message that Queen Zelda would like me to attend a small gathering this evening at Hyrule Castle with the other Champions, so I will leave after the services."

"Very well, Chief," said Kodda.

Meanwhile, it was midday at the Ancient Tech Lab to the west of Hyrule Castle, and two Hyrule Guards along with Link's younger daughter Lapha had arrived there. The Captain knocked on the door and spoke up.

Dr. Purah, the battle is over, and it's safe to open the door now," said the Captain. "Zora Princess Lapha is here with us as well, and she said you were expecting her."

"Yes, yes, that's right. Just give me a moment," said Purah. "Everyone, please stand well clear of the door."

Then she turned to Robbie and spoke softly.