Chapter 30

"So this is about her?" he asks dumbstruck while pointing at the skateboard rank where his dear friend is at right now.

"N-No," I stutter. That was the most suckiest lie ever.

"No no. Tell me. Is this about her?" he asks.

I just shake my head, careful to not stutter just like I had previously done.

"This is about her then," he says. I look at him to expect a smirk on his face, but it was just a straight face.

"It's not. Now let me out of the car," I glare at him.

"Not until you tell me why you're crying about her," he says folding his arms.

How stupid can you be, Daniel? Is it not obvious enough? I like you and you like another girl!

"I'm not crying because of her."

"Bullshit and we both know it."

"Well let me out of the car and I'll tell you the truth," I try.

"Okay but only if you promise me that you'll actually tell me once we get out of the car."

"Okay."

"Promise me," he says.

"Promise," I state as I cross my fingers.

Poor Daniel doesn't realize that I'm crossing my fingers.

He unlocks the child lock and I'm finally free!

I run out of the car and try to make the run for it. I don't worry too much about the car because I know for a fact that Daniel will bring it to the house. Because that's just how he is. He actually cares. Or well I hope so.

Before I even step at least 5 feet away from the car, an arm grabs my waist pulling me to them. And it's Daniel. Ugh, mission unaccomplished.

"Now tell me," he says.

"Tell you what?" I ask with a fake bemused look.

"The truth. Why you were crying," he says.

He's looking at me intense which I don't know why. I understand that he wants to know, but why does he seem kind of upset but mad at the same time?

"Allergies."

That is the most stupidest excuse for why you're crying. I'm stupid.

"The truth, Belle," he says.

I couldn't escape or run away now because of his hand that had a good grip on my waist. We were close, but I shrug off the butterflies I felt in my stomach because I can't start to like him more if I have no chance in being with him.

"I'll tell you the truth at the house. Just not in public. Please," I plead.

He sighs, "Okay, let's go."

He walks to the car, freeing my waist from his hands and I follow behind him.

"What about your umm friend," I hesitantly question.

He just ignores what I say and gets in the car. I follow by going into the driver's seat.

The whole ride was filled with awkward silence and music then nothing else. I just stared at the road while he was just on his phone, surprisingly not saying a word.

It got me thinking. And it even got my nervousness higher.

My mind was just annoyingly rambling while we sat there in awkward silence. He's acting odd while I'm just feeling way too uncomfortable not talking.