02. blissful charlottetown

CHAPTER TWO
BLISSFUL CHARLOTTETOWN

THE WEEK HAD passed rapidly, and Cora couldn't fathom how time flew so quickly. It was a warm Saturday morning, and Cora was playing with baby Delphine. She chuckled at the baby and wondered how someone could be that adorable. Gilbert was right next to her, reading the Avonlea Gazette, and Bash and Mary had gone to visit the bog for the day.

Cora was cherishing her time with Delphine until the door flung open and revealed a fiery redhead.

"Anne!" Cora exclaimed as she smiled brightly, "What are you doing here?"

Anne smiled back just as greatly and started, "We should go visit Cole in Charlottetown. It's been ages! I miss him dearly Cora, and I'm sure you do too." Cora looked at her brother sympathetically and noticed how his jaw clenched at the mention of Cole.

"I miss him greatly, we were the best of friends after all. I remember helping Cole dress up in a princess dress, it was truly the epitome of imagination. We can go visit him today Anne, but we need a male chaperone.." Cora smiled and Gilbert's face relaxed at the mention of the dress.

"Why must men always escort us to our desired destinations? We can do it ourselves. We are more than capable of handling ourselves." Anne ranted and Cora shook her head in unison.

"I wholeheartedly agree Anne. A woman can do everything a man can, and more.. We are highly intelligent and emotional beings, we deserve validation as well." Cora said, causing the redhead to smile.

"As for a chaperone, maybe you can escort us Gil?" Cora turned towards her brother and inquired.

"Unfortunately, I can't today Cor, someone has to take care of Delly here after all." Gilbert said while pointing to the baby in Cora's hands and the smiles of the two girls dropped.

"I have an idea.." Cora grinned mischievously. Anne was to tell Matthew and Marilla that she was to spend the day at the Blythes' and Gilbert was to tell Bash and Mary that Cora was spending the day at the Cuthberts'. They were to wear corsets and mature clothing to look like women of age so that no one would get suspicious.

".. so can we do it Gil? Please?" Cora shot him puppy eyes.

Gilbert, being extremely protective of the young girl, said a firm no, taking the fact that her stunts had no good outcome in consideration.

"But Anne will like you more for it, won't you Anne?" Cora shot her a pleading gaze as Gilbert's cheeks flushed.

"Wait w-what? Of- Of course I will." Anne said while startled and shot him a grin and Gilbert reluctantly agreed.

The girls changed into two absolutely gorgeous dresses once owned by Eloise Blythe, Cora's mother.

Anne wore a green bottom with intricate patterns with a simple yet alluring top that brought out her red curls and green eyes. Her fiery hair was pinned up in a bun. She looked stunning.

Cora, on the other hand, wore a velvet purple bottom and a matching top and placed a single butterfly clip in her flowing raven locks. It highlighted her sleek figure and she looked utterly ravishing.

At the end of it they both reached the train station and rode towards Charlottetown.

"We're finally here!" Cora squealed and embraced Anne as they both smiled at each other.

"I absolutely cannot wait to meet Cole again!"Anne exclaimed as they both descended off the train.

"Should we walk or take the carriage?"Cora asked.

"Seeing that we have no money, let's go with walking." Anne replied as the two chuckled.

Cora then excused herself to run a couple of errands and explore as Anne went to meet Cole a little bit earlier.

She looked around the bustling streets of Charlottetown, and it was everything one could dream of: the laughter of young boys flicking marbles at each other, the scent of spices and fruits lingering in the air, the beauty of the plants growing along the lines of the street, the neighing of the horses and-

Cora was knocked out of her daze as she fell to the bottom of the streets and felt a sharp pain on her right ankle

"Oh my goodness me! I'm so sorry!" A sweet british voice said as she helped Cora up. Her soft, warm hands clutched Cora's and sent shivers down her spine. Cora was dazed as she looked at the beautiful young woman in front of her. The woman's aqua blue eyes sparkled in the pure daylight, like the reflection of sunshine on a stream.

"It's alright, It wasn't your fault. Besides, I think I'm fine.." Cora said as she tried to walk forward, instantly regretting her decision as she winced in pain.

"Nonsense! We must get you checked up at the doctor's office. Good thing I work at it." She said sympathetically but smirked as she said the last sentence. Cora wore a pink blush on her cheeks as she stared into the blonde's eyes.

"Miss?" The woman asked once more.

"I.. uh I'm sorry I zoned out." Cora said sheepishly, her face burning red.

"It's alright, I happen to zone out a lot too." The woman chuckled.

"I'm Cora, by the way. Cora Blythe." Cora said, still holding onto the woman's surprisingly strong body.

"I'm Winifred. Winifred Rose."

─ ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─

( 903 words )

Author's note:
not to be dramatic or anything but i would die for my bby Cora. anyways thank u for reading and don't forget to vote and comment if u liked it!