05. tea dates

CHAPTER FIVE
TEA DATES

WINIFRED ROSE DID not like surprises. On her sixth birthday, her parents had bought her a pet cat as a surprise, and the result of that was not pretty. Young Winifred shrieked as the cat circled her, and scratched her on the arm, causing her a lifetime of trauma and an irrational fear of cats. That very day she decided that she hated surprises, as well as the nasty feline creatures that were an endangerment to humankind: cats.

That is why when Winifred ran into Cora Blythe, she was startled, and in a good way. Winifred never knew of surprises to be pleasant, but every second of knowing Cora was heaps of surprises thrown at her-and frankly Winifred didn't know what to feel. Her parents would certainly disown her for developing any sort of feelings for a woman. Winifred had to be smart about this. She had to find a man to help her forget about the brunette beauty, and she had to find a man fast.

That is why, when a young and handsome man walked into Dr. Ward's office for an apprenticeship, Winifred smiled to herself. He was the perfect replacement: the perfect man to help her forget all about Cora.

"And what might be your name?" Winifred asked the attractive man.

"I'm Gilbert, it's nice to meet you." Gilbert said while staring into her eyes, mesmerised.

"Winifred. Winifred Rose." Winnie started with a dashing smile, "Dr. Ward is waiting inside for you."

"G-Great.." Gilbert started off, "Would you maybe like to go to tea after this? It's completely okay if you don't and-"

Gilbert was interrupted by Winifred, "That sounds lovely."

The pair smiled to themselves as Gilbert walked inside and started his apprenticeship. Gilbert is not bad on the eyes, Winifred decided. Gilbert reminded her of Cora in a way: shy, well-mannered and absolutely gorgeous.

Winifred hummed as she walked back to her desk and dusted her famous skeleton: Mr. Bones. Today is going to be a good day, Winnie thought to herself. And a good day it was indeed.

━━━━━━ ⋆ ✧ ━━━━━━

".. and then my sister and I were startled by all of the animals at a family friend's farm." Gilbert finished at the tea, causing Winifred to erupt with laughter.

"I didn't know you had a sister Gil." Winifred said as she sipped on some tea.

"Well I do, and I absolutely adore her!" Gilbert exclaimed.

"What are you waiting for? Tell me about her right now!" Winifred said while laughing.

"Well her name is Cora, she's 16 years old and she's simply brilliant. She has a passion for poetry, nature and sports. She's always been there for me when I've needed her, as I have been for her." Gilbert said proudly while wearing a goofy grin.

Winifred immediately paled at the mention of Cora. "He said her name was Cora.. Could it be? Lots of people are named Cora right? It's quite a common name. Yes, it's just a coincidence; it's not the same Cora, it can't be.."

"She sounds lovely, maybe you could introduce me to her sometime?" Winifred said while smiling shyly.

"Of course I can, what about next week in Avonlea? I can show you around town too." Gilbert said and smiled at the blonde in front of him.

"It's a date." Winifred giggled.

。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ─

( 535 words )

author's note:
thank u sm for reading ily, have a great day and don't forget to vote and comment if u enjoyed it <3