Chapter 11

"I just need to grab one thing, then I'll perform, okay?" Brielle climbs up to the loft, where Luke poofs to, trying to figure out what she's looking for. "Get out. Now. I know where my thing is."

"Luke, she can kill you with one look. I'd suggest doing what she says." Flynn yells up to him.

"The thing is, I'm already dead." Luke shrugs, not moving from his spot.

"You'll wish you were even more if you don't do what she says." Flynn replies, and he poofs onto the couch, leaving Brielle to find her songbook alone, which has a lot of tearstains along with her beautiful lyrics, since usually when she gets her inspiration is after she's been hurt by her parents.

Climbing back down, she feels a weird snag in her leg, seeing her shoe is stuck on the ladder, but she has no way of feeling how it's stuck. It's happened a ton of times before, but it usually requires Julie standing on some kind of chair to get it down, and even then it's not super easy.

"Just great." Brielle mutters, not realizing that the rest of the room is silent as she is descending the ladder.

"Do you need help?" Julie asks, before realizing she wouldn't even be able to see what's wrong, but Luke doesn't need a chair and the guys can touch her prosthetic foot.

"Yeah. I can't tell how it's stuck." Brielle says, even though she's done this twenty times before, it doesn't help her at all. Luke comes over, just tall enough to see if he stands on the balls of his feet and slides her shoe just right, unsnagging it from the ladder. "Thanks." She blushes, walking to the piano and opening to one of her favorite songs that she's written.

"When those days gets lonely

I want you to hold me

Instead I get shoved aside

I guess that's the melody of my life

Breaking out of the mold

Trying so hard to be bold

I guess the pressure is high

I just don't really see why" Brielle hits a high note, closing her eyes and wishing her parents were next to her, listening to her cries.

"I was never enough

Especially when nights are rough

Just hold me close by your side

That would be enough for tonight

Tonight, tonight, tonight

The scars and bruises

They show what I've been through and

Instead of being loved by design

It's just tears and a disguise

Breaking out of the mold

Trying so hard to be bold

I guess the pressure is high

I just don't really see why

I was never enough

Especially when nights are rough

Just hold me close by your side

That would be enough for tonight

Tonight, tonight, tonight

Running free from my past

I guess I'll always ask

The one simple question