Chapter 7: When Anger Strikes

"She might be wild and disrespectful, but if she has potential--"

Vampire Academy, Richelle Mead

Rose POV

The afternoon slowly turned to night and the night slowly turned to morning, yet Dimitri and I were still engrossed in each other.

My eyes squeezed shut as my legs tingled and soon we were both out of breath. The air was thick and musky and filled with...well sex.

I gazed at Dimitri as my eye lids drooped a bit. He was smiling at me.

"Ah Roza. You've worn me out."

I laughed and slapped his bare chest playfully, "It was much needed."

"And enjoyed." He chuckled, bringing the sheet up to me and wrapping it around my bare body. He wrapped his arms around me, pulling me to him and kissed a sensitive area behind my ear. My eyes closed. It was like I just couldn't get enough of him.

And just as quickly as I had engrossed myself in him, a new realization struck me like a bullet to the heart. I had been horrible to Lissa.

My face must have changed because Dimitri looked at me puzzled before kissing the top of my head and sighing, " It will never be easy with you, will it Roza?"

I scoulded at his patranizing tone but he only chuckled once more before squeezing me tightly.

"Don't look at me like that My Roza. I'm only playing. I'm sure whatever it is going on between Lissa and you will be resolved."

This time I sighed and pulled back a bit as I gazed up at the ceiling of the cabin. Leila's vision seeped back into my memory as I relived what had occurred with Lissa. I could feel my own anger start to build again that Lissa had kept this from me. But I also felt an overwhelming wave of fear.

"It's not like Lissa and I just had some silly school girl fight. If you had seen what I had, you'd be just as upset."

Dimitri shifted under the covers. His hand gently caressed my back.

"What was it that happened if I may ask?"

I sighed again as a slight chill ran down my back. Dimitri pulled me even closer to him in response.

"Leila Voda had a vision that Lissa would die and Lissa kept it from me."

Dimitri stiffened a bit, "How accurate are the Voda girl's visions?

I gulped, " Every vision Leila Voda has ever had has come true."

And there it was, the sad realization that plagued Lissa's thoughts. Leila's visions had always come true. What made a vision about Lissa any different?

Dimitri kissed my forehead again, "Then there's always room for a first. Whatever may happen, just know Roza I will be by your side. Forever."

"I really hope you mean that because I'm going to need all the help I can get to keep Lissa safe. She's a magnet for bad things to happen to her."

"Then I give you my word, Roza. You and I will spend this summer making sure Leila Voda's vision remains just that. A vision." He paused before grasping my chin and pulling my face up to gaze at him, "We will figure this out. Together."

Then he kissed me. A brief chill ran across my skin as the sheet slowly fell away and the fact that we were still undressed became very much a top concern as we kissed our problems away. My breath become uneven and before I knew it, Dimitri and I were engrossed again in each other.