Chapter 1: The Hikari

Third Person POV

It was a few days after the reveal that Team WAAR, Team PEAC, Ben, Nick,and Dan were aliens. Ozpin was riding the elevator to his office. On the way up, he couldn't stop thinking. He wondered if the reason why the earth veterans were here was because of some old friends of his... old alien friends. After all, they did leave a note attached to team WAAR's helicopter on the way to Mountain Glenn.

Not aliens from earth, but another planet from among the stars.

But then he quickly dispelled the thought, remembering that said friends had protocols that prohibited them from an action such as this.

But perhaps it was possible that their enemy that brought the earthlings here.

The elevator dinged, signaling that he had reached his office. The door opened... and revealed a 15 year old boy in a white coat with blue accents.

 and revealed a 15 year old boy in a white coat with blue accents

(A.N. This is the outfit that the boy wore)

Ozpin wasn't surprised that a random boy was sitting in his office, given the events that have been happening lately. Rather, he was surprised that this boy was sitting out in the open like this.

After all, this wasn't a random boy to Ozpin. In fact, he's no random boy to you either. You've met him before...

Ozpin: Y/N.

The boy, Y/N, turned around and saw Ozpin.

Y/N: Ah, Ozpin. It's been a long time.
Ozpin: That it has.

Ozpin then sit's down at his desk, and Y/N sat at the other end.

Ozpin: So, Y/N... how has the war been?
Y/N: A stalemate, as it has been for eons. As for the moons... well, we are one, we lose one.
Ozpin: The Hikari don't have the resources for a large-scale offensive?
Y/N: If the Yami didn't constantly destroy supply lines, we would. And the Civil War in the Gray country isn't helping.
Ozpin: I can imagine how stressful that must be for the Council.
Y/N: Actually, they're rather calm about it. I suppose the advantage of living on a planet as big as Bridge gives them reassurance that the Yami are stretched as thin as we are.
Ozpin: How exactly is that reassuring?
Y/N: It means that they also lack the manpower and resources for a major push.
Ozpin: I see...

Ozpin takes a sip of coffee, then puts the mug down.

Ozpin: And what of the interstellar part of your conflict?
Y/N: I think you know how that's going, Professor.

Ozpin sighed.

Ozpin: As I understand, the Rangers are doing what they can to stop the Paladins from roping innocent worlds into your conflict. And as far as I can tell, every Paladin operation has been met with failure. My only question is why the Hikari can't recruit Grays for the Rangers.
Y/N: Well... we have. And while we do have a few Grays in our ranks, the majority of our Gray allies are understandably more concerned with the Civil War in their home country.
Ozpin: It's a shame what happened to those people. Erupted into civil war, all because it lies between the Hikari and Yami nations.
Y/N: Yes...

The two were silent for a moment.

Then Ozpin spoke up again.

Ozpin: Well, as much as I like catching up with old friends, I have a feeling that you're not here simply to make conversation. In fact, I have the sneaking suspicion that you're here to explain the sudden appearance of these 11 earthlings.

Y/N was silent for a moment, then sighed.

Y/N: Yes. I am.
Ozpin: So it was the Hikari that brought them here?
Y/N: Are you kidding? If any Ranger pulled a stunt like that, Madam Dawn would be furious!
Ozpin: If I recall correctly, she's the leader of the Hikari, correct?
Y/N: Yes, and she would have General Parsheng lock up any Ranger who would try something like this.
Ozpin: So, if the Hikari didn't do it, then that leaves only one candidate.

Once again, Y/N was silent. Then he answered again.

Y/N: Yes. The Yami brought the earthlings here. Thankfully, we were able to interfere before their plan was put into action.
Ozpin: And what was their plan, exactly?
Y/N: We don't know. But after we stopped them from using the veterans as weapons, we haven't heard anything from them.
Ozpin: And I'm assuming that's been boring lately?
Y/N: What do you mean?
Ozpin: Forgive me if I'm under the mistaken assumption that you stopped a criminal from killing Corporal Rube.

Again, Y/N was silent.

Y/N: Okay... yes, I saved Rube. And yes, it was less than legal. I got lucky that the Council was in a good mood that day.
Ozpin: Is he not an exception to your protocols? After all, I know of your existence.
Y/N: One can only be made an exception if they're in certain situations. The Corporal was not in one of those situations.
Ozpin: And I'm assuming Team RWBY was in one of those situations?
Y/N: What? What are you talking about? All they know is that the veterans are from earth.
Ozpin: I'm not talking about our Team RWBY. I'm referring to the version of Team RWBY where you married young Ms. Rose before setting off to do your duties as a Hikari Ranger. You are capable of interdimensional travel as well, are you not?
Y/N: Oh. Yes, that version of team RWBY is an exception, since I didn't know what I was at the time.
Ozpin: Ah, yes. I forget that your father was a human from another version of earth, and that you were raised not knowing of your Hikari origins.
Y/N: Yes...

Ozpin took another sip of coffee.

Y/N: Well, it certainly has been fun catching up with you, Professor. But now I must take my leave.
Ozpin: Very well. It was good to see you again, my friend.

And with that, Y/N stood up from his chair. His body then combusted into white flames.

And just like that, he was gone, and Ozpin had finally found an answer to the veterans' arrival on Remnant.

A.N. If you wish to know more about Y/N, check out my multiverse story called A Bridge to the Multiverse.