Chapter 2, Lillian Montgomery

Lillian took a deep breath outside the classroom door. It was her first day at Collège Françoise Dupont in Paris. She gathered her wits and clutched her sketchbook with one hand and pushed the door open.

"Is this Ms. Bustier's class?" She asked nervously. She looked around. On the right front row there sat a boy with glasses, a red baseball cap, and headphones around his neck. Behind him was a girl with black glasses and wavy brown hair with reddish ends. A large boy with a black skull t-shirt sat behind her, and behind him was a boy with red hair that partially covered one of his blue eyes.

On the left there was a blonde girl with her hair in a ponytail and sunglasses on her head. Next to her was a red haired girl with glasses and a white headband. Behind then sat another pair of girls. One had crazy, reddish pink hair and the other had multicolored hair. Behind them sat a pair of boys, one very athletic looking and the other with glasses and a square afro. Sitting behind them were two girls. One had short blonde hair and the other had long black hair with purple ends. Behind them was a girl with long brown hair and green eyes.

"Yes, this is my class." A red haired woman with a kind smile said. "I'm Miss Bustier. Who might you be?"

"I-I'm Lillian." She stuttered.

"Lillian Montgomery?" Ms. Bustier asked.

She nodded.

"Why don't you sit next to Nathaniel?" She pointed to the red haired boy in the back.

"Um, okay." Lillian walked towards the desk and sat down.

"H-hi." Nathaniel said, looking at Lillian. "I'm Nathaniel." He held out his hand.

"I'm Lillian." She said as she shook his hand, smiling. Their eyes met for a brief moment and they both looked away, embarrassed. Lillian's cheeks were flushed.

Am I getting a crush on him? She asked herself silently. She looked back over again and he smiled slightly.

I think I am! Lillian thought.