Chapter 7, Marinette Dupain-Cheng

Marinette ran, feeling guilty for leaving her friends, but she knew that she couldn't do anything as Marinette. She ducked into an empty alley and opened her bag, letting Tikki fly out. "Tikki, spots on!" Ladybug hopped out of the alley and headed back to the school. While running, she called Cat Noir on her yo-yo. "Cat Noir! Akumatized villain at Collège Françoise Dupont! Meet me there ASAP!" She closed the yo-yo just as she heard a scream. "That can't be good." She muttered.

The scream had come from Rose. She was shaking her arm frantically as golden light spread up it. Within seconds, she was encased in the light. When it fell, Rose had been replaced by her akumatized form, Princess Fragrance.

Ladybug gasped. She looked around and spotted Hecate, who was holding her swords, one of which was tinged pink. Rose's favorite color. She understood what had happened. The blades had turned Rose into Princess Fragrance. Before she could act, Hecate threw her swords like a boomerang, hitting various students and employees. Soon, Stoneheart, Horrificator, Reflekta, Evillustrator, Stormy Weather, Timebreker, Reverser, Zombizou, Dark Owl, Dark Cupid, The Mime, Copycat, Antibug, and Miraculer joined Hecate's army.

Ladybug knew she had to act now. She readied her yo-yo as Cat Noir spoke behind her.

"So, where's the big baddie that needs some talking to?"

"Cat! Stop sneaking up on me!" Ladybug exclaimed. "Besides, we can't let Hecate, the one with the swords, reach the remaining students." She pointed to a small group containing Alya, Nino, Lillian, and Max.

"They're all that's left?" Cat Noir asked.

"I'm afraid so."

"Then what are we waiting for?" He extended his staff to the ground. "Climb on up!" He called down to the students.

Alya, Nino, and Max climbed up.

"Wait, weren't there four of them?" Cat Noir asked.

"Maybe she made a break for it." Ladybug said, though she wasn't very optimistic.

"Let's hope so..." He replied.