Y3☼~*-.,_,.-* ғɪʀsᴛ ᴅᴀʏ ʙᴀᴄᴋ

a/n: harry is so hot in this scene PLEASEEEE

Your POV

            𝔾𝕖𝕥𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕠𝕗𝕗 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕥𝕣𝕒𝕚𝕟 𝕨𝕖 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕤𝕒𝕥 𝕥𝕙𝕣𝕠𝕦𝕘𝕙 the usual Sorting Ceremony in the Great Hall, bellies full as we headed to bed. The man on the train, Remus Lupin, was introduced as the new DADA teacher and I couldn't help but feel a sense of familiarity looking into his scarred face, like I did on the train. Not being able to shake the feeling that we'd met before.

"Goodnight Harry" I say, trying to be flirty in my tone, but he only replied with a measly goodnight back. The way he held me and made sure I was ok on the train, made me wonder if maybe he felt something too. 

I go into the girls dormitory with Hermione and begin unpacking my stuff. As I'm putting the last of my things into the trunk at the base of my bed, I feel the binding of my journal. My journal. I forgot about it in the midst of the hectic past couple of days. Now was definitely a time that I needed to write a letter to the universe. I pull it out of my bag, quietly sitting by the window trying not to wake anyone. I love looking out the window at night, especially while journaling. Just looking at the stars is so comforting and I'm not sure why. 

I open my journal, about to start writing and stop before my quill hits the page. Why the hell am I limiting myself to writing by the window? It's not the same experience as being under the stars. Besides, I'm a third year. I know my way around the school, I just can't get caught. 

I quietly grab a sweatshirt and softly close the door behind me, making my way down the corridor. I was headed to the Astronomy Tower. I haven't really been there before considering I've never taken the class, but I've always been intrigued by it. I tiptoe through the halls, so far not running into anyone and almost being outside. Shit. Spoke too soon.

I try to blend in with the shadows along the walls as I hear footsteps about to turn the corner. I hold my breathe and close my eyes confident that I'm about to get caught as the footsteps get louder and louder, until they stop. Right in front of me. I open one eye expecting to see a scowling professor in my face, but instead I see nothing. Beyond confused, relief washes over me and I finally let go of the breathe I was holding. I stand there making sure the coast is clear, when I hear a footstep again to my left. I swear I feel a slight breeze, as a shoulder brushed past my own. Startled, I back up trying to see if there's something I'm missing. I clumsily swing my arms around, trying to hit whatever is in my presence. I thought I might have felt a soft cloth against the tip of my finger, but I dismiss it as a breeze.

With a sigh, I cautiously continue my path to the Astronomy Tower, not wanting to actually get caught by staying in the same spot in the open for way to long. I finally make it onto the grounds inhaling the cool fresh air that surrounds me. I can see the Astronomy Tower, but I can't help not dismissing the strange phenomenon I just experienced. Trying to focus in the moment and what I'll write in my journal I erase the thought, taking in the scenery around me. Hogwarts really is an ethereal place. The magical appearance that simply the building possesses makes me feel so at home.