𝕀𝕍. ᴡɪᴛɴᴇss

"Now, tell us what you know!" Arthur demanded with his foot on the man's chest.

"I already said I don't know anything!"

"You lie!"

Arthur pounced on the poor bastard again and hit him three times in the mud. Tommy heard the jaw being broken.

"I don't know anything ... please," the man sobbed and covered his face with the hands. "I don't know... any Olivia..." He said as best as he could.

Tommy let out all the cigarette smoke from his lungs and closing his eyes, he prayed for patience. If it were up to him, he would put a bullet in that bastard's forehead right there, but unfortunately he couldn't kill him: he was the only witness for Olivia's death.

Tommy approached the man, who still had Arthur on top of him, and squatted. From his watch pocket, he took a small photograph of Olivia that he had stolen from her purse when she was still alive, and placed it in front of the man's eyes.

"Take a good look at her," Tommy said calmly. "You really don't know her?"

"No..."

"We happened to meet there casually." Tommy pointed to the brick house across from them, the same house where Olivia had been murdered a month ago. "You were coming back home drunk when you heard a shot inside that building. Did you see someone go out?"

"I ... I already said no ..." The damn bastard spat blood and a premolar.

"Are you sure?" Tommy insisted.

"Yes. I was very drunk and ... when I heard the shot ... I ran"

"Okay"

Pushing Arthur back, Tommy unsheathed the revolver with impressive speed and without thinking twice, shot the bastard's head off. His brother jumped up immediately. A trail of blood mixed with the mud ran between the cobblestones.

"God, Tom, why the fuck do you never tell me when you're about to shoot?" Arthur was greatly disturbed.

"If they find out I'm going to kill them, they'll get nervous," he said.

"Wait, what do we do with the corpse?"

"Leave it there, someone will find it."

The Shelby brothers got into the car and before taking the wheel, Tommy took off his gloves. It was cold and the overcast sky predicted a storm. He opened the glove compartment and took Olivia's diary from it.

"What's that?" Arthur asked.

"One of Olivia's diaries."

"What?"

"Ada brought them to me a couple of weeks after her death," Tommy explained, looking through the pages. "Do you remember the gala dinner for Ada's magazine?"