Bertha White

Bertha White(née Miller) was born on December 22nd, 1833 in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Her parents were Paul and Catherine Miller. Paul was a professor at Harvard University. Paul taught chemistry. Catherine worked at a bakery. Catherine made the best cranberry pie in Cambridge.
When she was a young girl, Bertha read books about how laws work, and the different theories and philosophies of law at the library. Studying the law was Bertha's obsession. Bertha was a studious, organized, obedient, and ambitious student. All of her teachers and professors admired her. After Bertha graduated from Harvard University in 1853, Bertha became a lawyer.
On February 8th, 1860, Bertha married Adam White, a fellow lawyer. On November 1865 Adam's sister and brother-in-law died of malaria five hours apart, so Bertha and Adam adopted their nephew, Gilbert, who was two years old at the time.
Bertha decided to become a law professor at Harvard University in 1873. Bertha was a professor at Harvard University from 1873-1878. In 1878, Bertha, Adam, and Gilbert moved to Chicago, Illinois. Bertha began teaching Law, one of the social science classes, at the University of Chicago. She was one of the professors that was there when it was first opened on 1890.
When she was a professor at the University of Chicago, Bertha had pale skin. She basically looked like a ghost with wrinkles. Bertha had gray eyes and wore glasses. Bertha was short and stocky. Most students were taller than her. Bertha naturally looked mature.
What type of Professor Bertha was? Professor White was a caring, ambitious, patient, resourceful, independent, creative, objective, responsible, and noble Professor.
Did Bertha know Indiana Jones? Of course she did. Every professor at the University of Chicago knew about him. Bertha met Indiana Jones when they went on the same journey in the early 1920s. What did Bertha think of young Indy? She thought he was talented but impetuous. Yes.
Bertha died at the age of 94 on September 9th, 1927. Bertha was buried along with her husband, Adam.